• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by Neon, November 16, 2000, 22:00 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Neon

The title bar of the web page reads, "Quantex - Closed". Ominous indeed.

Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

n/a

Thanks, Query.

I think I hear 'Rock of Ages' wafting across the ether.

Joanie

That makes me sad Query after all the years I have been cheering for Q.

RahRah

Don G

quote:

Thanks, Query.

I think I hear 'Rock of Ages' wafting across the ether.

Sure that isn't "Taps" you hear Bear?...

Don G
Don G

n/a

Maybe Taps is the tune. It sure ain't 'Daydream Believer'.

tonianntx

quote:

both appear to have disappeared.  Both websites are simply logos now - no links to online sales, support, or any other information.

Toni-Ann Mistretta

Toni-Ann Mistretta

tonianntx

Hi

I just found out about Quantex.  Now I know why I couldn't get to tech help this week.  What happened and where do we go now?  My laptop is less than a year  old.. so glad I got the three year warranty! :(

Toni-Ann Mistretta

Toni-Ann Mistretta

Neon

Talk about disappearing quietly into the night. Has anyone seen any news stories or other confirmation of the demise of Quantex and Cybermax? I notice that the Pionex site is still apparently operating. Is there any chance that they have temporarily pulled the plug on the web sites until they reorganize, and that we may see Quantex again after they can secure new parts suppliers?

Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Don G

Well Neon,

I don't think I'd be holding my breath or you might end up looking like my little friend here (or worse)...

Cheers,

Don G
Don G

n/a

A rumor that I heard was circulating through the Q employee ranks was that Fountain would try to salvage one of the companies, but it was up in the air which one. That's not fresh, and it may just have been a rumor, but it also could be that Pionex is the lucky one.

Toni-Ann, welcome to the forum. If you have problems, we'll do what we can to help. Also try the Quantex Help! link on the forum main page for other resources.

Bear

-Learning as fast I can-

Joanie

Welcome Toni,

We have some pretty sharp people here in the Forum who will be glad to help you if a problem arrises so don't hesitate to ask for help when ever you need it.

Joanie

midi73

Well,  hi all.  

I'm new here and found you by way of "Quantex Closed" and a web search on Quantex to find something about why. Well, guess I found out why.  Man.  What a bummer.

We bought one in late 1998 and even then had a time getting it shipped. It was a full month and a half AFTER the ten days they said it would take.  Should have known then...  Had it about two months and a power surge took out the power supply and of course it wasn't covered.  Had to pay out of pocket even though I had gotten their super duper warranty.  At that time they said,  well...hmmmm....haaaa....a lot of things arent' covered....da da da ..... Needless to say We didn't redo the warranty. Glad we didn't.  Bummer.

Well,  glad I found you guys anyways.  Makes me feel "not so alone" now anyhow !!  You know,  I must have that kind of luck.  We bought Radio Shack color computers when they were popular and they went out too.  ;-) Oh well.  I tried this time. Did tons of research on the company and everything.  (laughing)Lots of good THAT did !!!  Syl

query

both appear to have disappeared.  Both websites are simply logos now - no links to online sales, support, or any other information.