• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

A BIG problem with my TIME laptop

Started by Safe, March 25, 2003, 11:51 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Safe

Yesterday it was working perfectly, while I was typing up my essay, now all of a sudden, the laptop screen has stopped working!!! I mean, I can sort of makeout whats on the screen, but there is no light displaying at the back anymore, so its really difficult for me to see anything.

I rang up time customer support, and they told me that they are not equipped to deal with this situation so they told me I have to ring an 0906 number ?1.00 per minute!! What sort of after sales support is this???!! Im not ringing that number because I only have a mobile with me so it would cost me a fortune. I was hoping if someone here could help me and tell me what I could do

Safe

John

Safe, welcome to Poasters froums. according to the timecomputers support site they only offer a free telephone number to contact the hardware support vendor for 30 days. After that IF the notebook and LCD screen are still under the warranty coverage period (depending on your warranty) they give you a fee based telephone number to contact the hardware support vendor. If the notebook is out of warranty then you might try contacting dpt-limited to repair the backlight function on the LCD.
Cogito Ergo Sum