• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Runtime Error

Started by corndale, August 02, 2008, 04:50 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

corndale

When I boot up in Windows XP Service Pak 3 I get the following error messages pertaining to Roxio Easy Media Creator 9:

Runtime Error!  Program:..es\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe - The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information  OK

Buffer overrun detected!  Program:...s\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe - A buffer overun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state.  The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.  OK

Runtime Error!  Program:...ommon Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe - R6025 - pure vitual function call

The solution offered by Roxio is as follows:

"Buffer Overrun" message when launching Easy Media Creator 9
Rate this article: 
Article Details
ID Number: 000115CR
Products: Easy Media Creator 9
WinOnCD 9

Issue

When launching Easy Media Creator 9 Home, application from Roxio Home, or starting the computer, the following message appears:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Buffer overrun detected!

The following applications may be referenced in the error:

Roxio_Central33.exe
RoxWatch9.exe
RoxWatchTray9.exe
Resolution

Roxio has created a hot fix to fix this issue which can be downloaded here.

NOTE: Please temporarily disable any anti-virus/internet security/firewall software on your computer before the patch is applied.

Once downloaded (preferably to your desktop so you can find it easily), simply double click it. The fix will applied without any dialog messaging and you will not need to reboot your computer.

Unfortunately, this patch did not resolve the problem.  How can I resolve this issue?