• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

New Poasters Forum!

Started by scuzzy, July 12, 2002, 11:28 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Welcome to the new and very much improved Poasters Computer Forums bulletin board. We took a lot of care to select a high quality bulletin board (YaBBSE) along with a high quality host (FutureQuest) to bring you a fast, dependable interface.

So why are you waiting? Click on the forum link to get started (or click on the Poasters banner). We transfered your membership (including password) from the old forum, so login! If you are new to Poasters, please register and join us!

Note: We did our best to keep as many of the old messages as possible, but the newest messages from the old forum could not be transferred. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Joanie

Thank You Kitty Kat and Jedi and all the Moderators who worked so hard to make this possible for our very special Poaster members.

We are all proud and pleased to  present to you a fast and efficient Bulletin Board. Please Poast freely and let us know how you like the new and improved Poaster Forums.

Joanie

Gracie

luvly. very whizzy and fast and new things to try. We are well looked after here, brilliant  ;D

Gracie :)

scuzzy

Thanks, Gracie! Now, if we can just work out the little bugs, we'll be doing great.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Joanie

Wizzy HU!, now that's a goody we will have to remember.
Glad you approve Gracie and hurry back and keep us company.

We don't want a nice Poaster like you to miss anything.

Joanie

Quote from: Gracie on July 12, 2002, 17:28 hrsluvly. very whizzy and fast and new things to try. We are well looked after here, brilliant  ;D

Karen

Wow, I can't believe how fast the new forum is!  Thanks to all who worked so hard to get it up and running!  

Yeah Poasters!!!   :D
I'm at that awkward stage...somewhere between the young and the restless, and the old and the senseless.   ;)

Joanie

Boy or Boy and I glad to see you here Karen. Isn't this neat, we are all so happy with the way it runs, fast and furious. I was getting so tired of waiting for messges to Poast and Save.

Carol's son is the creator of the YaBB (yet a nother bulletin board. Isn't it amazing what a 15 year old can do today. We are all so proud of him.

Thanks for being here on opening day but somehow I knew you would be.

Joanie

Eric M.

Actually, I'm the creator of YaPP (Yet another PHP Portal) that's built around YaBBSE :)
Asus Crosshair
AMD FX-62
2GB Corsair XMS2
eVGA 8800 GTX
X-Fi XtremeGamer Pro
150GB Raptor X, 2x 250 GB WD, 2x 500 GB WD HDDs
Vista Ultimate 64bit

Joanie

Sorry Jedi, I goofed good on that one.

Joanie

Ace

Yes; I am the creator of YabbADABBADooba; yet another bob-based Alternative Domain At Babolat-Bose Axis "Dooba"

I am so glad everyone likes the new chatroom poasting forum I've designed.

That is swell.  You may still send checks to me, personally, in gratuity as well as general appreciation and chagrin. That'd be just fine. Thank you.

Ace; jester and web wizard.  "Dooba" is a technical term for a C+ level programming ability.  Which is not that shabby, considering I once flunked "gym" as well as "German"
Ring bells for service.

dcsun

You crack me up, Ace!  I don't know what we'd do without you.  Perhaps get more work done?

Dave

Eric M.

Ace, not open source? :(

:P
Asus Crosshair
AMD FX-62
2GB Corsair XMS2
eVGA 8800 GTX
X-Fi XtremeGamer Pro
Vista Ultimate 64bit

scuzzy

Ace is closer to an open wound.

Ace

Yes, when I'm by your side.  

You just watch; first strike we have of the new place I'll be only scab working.

Ace; I'm usually behind Scuzzy. That way I don't have to look at him.
Ring bells for service.

obiwan

Miss the ability to click on the reply to topic option and then entering my username/password. Now have to log in and then renavigate to topic to reply to. Other than that today is the first day and I am enjoying the visit. Plus I have an extra "star" next to my name. Love the  :o. Was always too lazy to type them.

scuzzy

Snitz did have a couple of nice features, but this bulletin board is far superior in many other aspects. The tradeoff is worth it.

scrivener

What a great, great random quote!

dcsun

Which one?  There are quite a few neat ones.  Those were all suggested by the admins and moderators when the new forum was being set up.

Dave

Eric M.

Quote from: obiwan on July 17, 2002, 18:16 hrsMiss the ability to click on the reply to topic option and then entering my username/password. Now have to log in and then renavigate to topic to reply to.

Hmm, that is a feature of YaBBSE, so I wonder why it won't work for you. Are you using the block at the left to log-in when trying to do this?
Asus Crosshair
AMD FX-62
2GB Corsair XMS2
eVGA 8800 GTX
X-Fi XtremeGamer Pro
Vista Ultimate 64bit

scuzzy

What he is referring to is this:

With Snitz Forums, you can click on the Reply button without being logged in. At the next screen, you can enter your reply message and login at the same time. We don't have that feature with YaBB.

The nice thing about the feature is that we have some folks who like to cruise the forum without logging in. But if something catches their attention, then can immediately reply and login from a single page. It is convenient.

Eric M.

Quote from: Scuzzy on July 30, 2002, 08:47 hrsWhat he is referring to is this:

With Snitz Forums, you can click on the Reply button without being logged in. At the next screen, you can enter your reply message and login at the same time. We don't have that feature with YaBB.

The nice thing about the feature is that we have some folks who like to cruise the forum without logging in. But if something catches their attention, then can immediately reply and login from a single page. It is convenient.

Actually I think YaBB does have that feature, that's why I am asking how he is logging in.
Asus Crosshair
AMD FX-62
2GB Corsair XMS2
eVGA 8800 GTX
X-Fi XtremeGamer Pro
Vista Ultimate 64bit

scuzzy

Quote from: Jedi~ on July 30, 2002, 20:33 hrsActually I think YaBB does have that feature, that's why I am asking how he is logging in.

Uh... I don't think it does. If I log out, and then I try to reply to a message, I get a new screen that tells me I first have to login. Once I login, it goes back to the topic threads. Snitz allowed users to login in the same screen along with the reply.

Eric M.

Quote from: Scuzzy on July 30, 2002, 21:27 hrs
Quote from: Jedi~ on July 30, 2002, 20:33 hrsActually I think YaBB does have that feature, that's why I am asking how he is logging in.

Uh... I don't think it does. If I log out, and then I try to reply to a message, I get a new screen that tells me I first have to login. Once I login, it goes back to the topic threads. Snitz allowed users to login in the same screen along with the reply.

Ah, I must be thinking of where you can look at a thread and then login and it takes you to to wherever you were. I can always make it do that ;)
Asus Crosshair
AMD FX-62
2GB Corsair XMS2
eVGA 8800 GTX
X-Fi XtremeGamer Pro
Vista Ultimate 64bit

dreamwultz

This is not EBay. Take it somewhere else. Scuzzy

Ace

I bid

hold it. Hold on a minute...

Where'd he go?  Shoot.

Dangit, I wanted one of those, too.  Geez.

ace; day late, dollar short.
Ring bells for service.