• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

INTERVIEW WITH THE JESTER

Started by Ace, September 18, 2004, 16:34 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo2102

If you want to change your PC to look like a MAC, this should help http://features.engadget.com/entry/8828351836181248/

Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

Great.  Next there'll be a "How to make your Whopper resemble a Big Mac."

I wish I could add a computer enhancement that would cause me to know what I'm doing.

Hey; I bet it's in the Bios, somewhere.  Yeah.

ace; let's reboot this puppy right now
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

"How to make your Whopper resemble a Big Mac."

Melt cheese on it and put it in a bun?

OOOOer :o
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

And, once again

BUFFALO STEPS UP WHERE NO MAN WOULD STEP

Thank you.  It's been great knowing you, and you will be missed.  And you forgot the dang special sauce.  

Ace; and they wonder how the buffalo almost became extinct.  
Ring bells for service.

pat

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Whizbang

Quote from: pat on September 26, 2004, 12:28 hrs
It was bullets.
Huh?  I just thought Mickey "D" clipped all of their wings and they couldn't fly anymore.   :P

pat

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Bull flies, and is cleared for landing;

you are cleared for runway 1-7 9er.

Niner.
Niner niner.

Ace; niner.  I like buffalo wings with chicken lips.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

I think ten and then eleven are next.  Sounds like you need to clean your laser, and then reboot.

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Buffalo2102

Quote from: Ace on September 26, 2004, 12:14 hrs
And, once again

BUFFALO STEPS UP WHERE NO MAN WOULD STEP

Thank you.  It's been great knowing you, and you will be missed.  And you forgot the dang special sauce.  

Ace; and they wonder how the buffalo almost became extinct.  

Well, I'm still here....so far, so good.

Sorry about the innuendo (Criminy (Crimmy), we could have some fun with that too couldn't we?).

If I do go, will I be missed?  And if so, will that be worthy of an ode (eau'd).

Ace

Geez Louise, that's a rabid looking hamster...

Anyway, heck yes, you'd be missed!  Criminy, we miss everybody who's no longer here to take abuse face-first.  You've left your mark on this place Buffalo, like a ...

Well, like a Buffalo would on a prairie.  

We'd probably be able to put together quite a going-away party for you.  Not like mine typically is, but I'm special that way.  Not any other way, particularly, but that way.  I usually get the "here's your hat what's your hurry" farewell.  And haikus; I tell ya, I do accrue haikus on my way out the door.  I'll always appreciate that.  Those.  Them.  I suppose, more in line with your contributions, we could assemble some dirty limericks in your honor.  Honour.  Your Honor.

If you'd just as soon stick around, that be even sweller.  With both you and Jims in the room, I can just take off for the rest of the day.  

Ace; works for me.  Thanks for filling in.

Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

Like the avatar eh?  Not bad for my first one, if I do say so myself.

Mmmmm.......dirty limericks, sounds good.  I may have to go away and come back again.  Just to see.  There again, I've told you now so you wouldn't believe me if I said that I was going.  And you wouldn't do anything for me.  Even if I really did go now, you still wouldn't believe it and wouldn't do anything.  And if I went and didn't come back, how would I know if you did do anything?
So, in order to know if you had a party or whatever, I would have to be here.  Therefore, I think I'll stay.  But then I won't get a party.....

It's late.....I think I'll try and get some sleep.

I'm going now (but I'm coming back).

trav

I have NO idea what you guys are talking about!  :-\
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Ace

Well, that's a first.

Buff; pretend to leave and I'll pretend to poast a limerick.  Probably have "Nantucket" in there, somewhere.  Or Norfolk; I was there once.

Ace; the end of the world will be signalled by Trav understanding what we're talking about.  ::)
Ring bells for service.

iansl

Probably, and that squirrel looks really wierd and looked wierder at first. Took me a full thirty seconds to figure out just what was going on.

Ludd, take over with odes to buffalo
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

Bill

Buff, if you wait a day or so it will be Trav's perpetual birthday again and you can join the party!  Kinda have your cake but only look at it.

Never mind Norfolk, how about Bloomington or  Saginaw?  Garden spots worthy of poetry.

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Buffalo2102

QuoteProbably, and that squirrel looks really wierd and looked wierder at first. Took me a full thirty seconds to figure out just what was going on.

Squirrel? That's no squirrel.  This is a squirrel.

It's a hamster.  A karate hamster.  So watch it.

What is going on anyway?  Since you've figured it out, be kind and tell Trav (and me!).
It could be a sort of present for his perpetual birthday. :) :D ;D 8)

LIMERICK
There once was a jester called ACE
Who poasted 'til blue in the face
about pandas dead
or monkeys instead
stinking all over the place

Ace

Ok, that was pretty darn good.  Pretty darn.  I was just thinking, though, that the antecedent of "stinking" isn't exactly clear.  I mean, if the pandas are stinking, or the monkeys are stinking.  If the pandas are dead they don't stink as much as when they're alive, so

hold it.  Hold on just a minute.

Hmm.  Wait... dang.

Or me stinking.  Dangit.

Ok, that might not be as darn good as originally thought. Dang.

Also, our squirrels are twice the size of that squirrel.  Just their mighty arms and big furry pants alone.  And they're brown, here.  A medium to light brown.  And big.  Boy, these things are so packed with peanuts they're huge.

Ace; so the hamster isn't a squirrel?  Huh.  Karate Kid's Hamster II.
Ring bells for service.

Igloo

SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"i like squirrels, they are nice to pet" Lennie - Of mice and Men

:-\
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Ace

Yelling "Squirrel" isn't a good way to make friends and influence people, in my opinion.

Well, actually, I guess that could influence people, if they're thinking they have one on their head and you're trying to alert them or scare it away.

Actually, if you yelled "Squirrel" at me I'd probably be scared away.

So; Lenny is goin' for the squirrel ranch instead of rabbits, huh.  I guess it's the same difference.  With his love of soft furry things he coulda trained hamsters in martial arts.  Karate means "open furry paw."

Ace; George probably woulda shot him for yelling.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

A karate hamster? Nah,  looks more like a Badger punter.

Igloo

i think its a really sad play at the end, when he shoots him :( i like the bit about the multicoulred rabbits, green, blue, yellow....
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Ace

Ok; look.  Enough Steinbeck.  Let's get back to the subject of this interview.

Me.

Do I like multi-hued rabbits?  No, I don't, especially.  Do I think rabbits make swell pets?  No.  If an animal makes no sound, it is not satisfactory as a pet.  Squirrels, rabbits and pandas do not qualify as pets.

Do I remember "The Grapes of Mud" parody?  Sure.  And the Warner Brothers parody?  You bet.

Did Lenny get it in the end?  No, I think he got it in the head, if I read that right.

Ace; tell me about the rabbits, George.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

The white rabbit was late, and then he died.
Alice was eating mushrooms, so she didn't care but the Ace of Hearts was worried.

So then what?

Buffalo2102

Interview question:  Is Ace the only name you use on the internet?

I think Ace is also known as awkm - see the first comment on this page
http://www.gothamist.com/archives/jen/011447.php

Ace

What kind of stinking trick was that?!,,!  Winding up looking at the south end of a panda facing north, with some Asian lady standing alongside singing the praises of the vermin furballs.

Criminy.

Anyway, I use a lot of names on the internet.. Shoot, just here alone I've been Ace, Buddy, Satan Claus, Bob, Aceio, DbuMB PAOsrs, whatever the elf's name was, Donner...  Besides the stuff Scuzzy calls me, like dork.

Ace; ask me about how many personalities I have...
Ring bells for service.

Bill

OK, Ace, Buddy, Satan Claus, Bob, Aceio, DbuMB PAOsrs, whatever the elf's name was, Donner...  Besides the stuff Scuzzy calls me, like dork.

How many personalities DO you have?
You also forgot Sybil and Eve.  

Ace

Just one bad one.

Oh, and I forgot Notredamus.  The Prophet.  Dang, that's a key one.

Ace; typically.
Ring bells for service.

iansl

Of course that's not a squirrel, and of course that's a squirrel, and of course what wasn't a squirrel is maybe a hedgehog until I am told that it isn't.

Ace got more names, I see, and Igloo has made SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the replacement for LOOKOUT!. Looks like you have a changed job description on your hands, Ace. No, you can't walk out. You're saying the same thing, and so am I: bye for the moment.
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

Ace

The Hedgehog was our corporate symbol for some time.. it is a creature that is expertly capable of doing one thing exceedingly well.

This, by the same people who brought you "Your Mission Statement."  

Hedgehog it is.  With a gas mask.  A nice touch.

Look; you can SQUIRREL!!! all you want.  After the initial tries at crying wolf, eventually people will see the ruse for what it is.

Ok, Squirrel.  Not wolf.  Same thing.  Well, sorta the same.

Heh.  I'm thinking of the fable "The 3 pigs and the Big Bad Squirrel."  That'd be a treat.

Ooh; Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Squirrel.  

Oh; here's another.  Weresquirrels.  They only come out in a full nut.

Geez, I crack myself up sometimes.  I'm glad Iansl's here to help.  And Ludd, to point out my foibles.

Ace; A Foible is a story with a moral...
Ring bells for service.