• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Word cant register!

Started by ahopeter, January 01, 2004, 01:02 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ahopeter

I just had a new hard drive installed, and since then i always a message when i boot up telling me register Microsoft Word.  when i try to do it though, it tells me that my word disc has already been register anf that i can not re register it on my computer.  i never had to register it cause it was working when dell sent me the system about a month ago.  i called dell they told me to call microsoft and microsoft told me to call dell!!! now word is giving me a countdown on how many times i can use it.  is there anything i can do?  thanks for any advice.
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

query

Register, or activate?  If it's activation, try over the Internet - if it still doesn't work, call Microsoft's activation line (NOT the tech support line - the product activation line) and ask for a new activation code.

ahopeter

sorry it wont activate.  the only number i get for dell that is even remotely helpful is the automated machine... thanks, ill look into it.
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

ahopeter

Thanks Query... i took your advice and everything is perfect now, THANKS!!!