• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

ELECTORAL COLLEGE OFFERS ONLINE COURSES

Started by Ace, January 11, 2008, 09:24 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

You know, I saw this headline today and I thought "well, ok, getting all misty-eyed and having your voice choked with emotion might gain you sympathy and some votes, but actually dying is kinda going overboard... Even faking your own death is a bit extreme."

Oh, and that analogy that running for president is like "climbing some mountain"...  criminy, they make it sound like it's some big adventure and life or death thing.

Ace; I did. I thought that.
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

They probably reported that because she looks like if she died last week.

I thought of changing our name to "Tombstone Computer Forums", but without the quotation marks. Our epitaph would be, "We almost died, but someone forgot to turn out the lights. Ace then came back and beat the dead horse not realizing it was dead."

I live next to the Rocky Mountains, and I just might climb them this year. But I'm not running for any public office.

Scuzzy; When Hillary becomes president a lot of people will wish they were dead.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

I live next to the Bullwinkle River.  Which is at flood level, this week.

A "room of the dead" huh... spooky.  I didn't even think (that, could be my epitaph...) about turning the light off after I turned it on.  Sorry.  I never figure on the costs, here. 

You know, I could try the old resurrection recitation, from back when...  Heck, why not.

BY THE POWER VEST, ON ME, I HEREBY BY POWER OF WILL AND MAGICAL INCANTATION LET ALONE JINGLY BELLS AND CURVED TOES DECLARE THE POASTER COMPUTER FORUM (you can read a humorous testimonial about the origins of the term, by Ace, the forum jester) BACK TO LIFE AND WHOLLY RESTORED.  MECCA LECKA HI, MECCA HEINIE HO.

Ok.  That oughta do it.  Now they'll be beating a path to your door.

Ace; they always say if you invent a better mouse, people will beat a path from your door.

Ring bells for service.

Bill

Geez, I feel as if I have been awakened from a very long sleep.  Talk about being  disoriented, is Clinton still President?  What do you mean 'which one', isn't this one enough?

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

scuzzy

Look, I don't even know how to say epitaph, and I certainly don't know what it means. But if I were to have one I'm sure it would sound important and stately.

And aren't we special and honky dory (hunky, whatever) with our POWER VEST and all. Send in the clowns, why don't we? And let the Jesters reign in supreme glory until the cows come home. I like the chant, though.

I'm all for beating mice until they succumb.

And what do you mean is Clinton still president? Was he ever? I think he used to smoke one, though.

Scuzzy; Rigoletto was a friend of mine, and you sir, are no Rigoletto.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

You know, I really do have visions of Hillary ruling the roost, and this big slob in a bathrobe and a gin blossom nose carousing around the West Wing chasing interns...

I usually go with the angel hair or rigattoni, instead of rigoletto.  I think the magic woids worked, though, since now there are 3 here.  and Chandler popped in for the New Year.  See?  I still got it.

Ace; send in the clowns.  Get rid of the dang jesters, already.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Yeah, you got it all right.

Boy, speaking of dead, I went to see that I am Legend movie and I think I'd rather be dead than some rabid zombie like those almost dead things were. So ok wrong area to bring up a movie but it seems fitting. Hey, maybe that's where everyone else is, got a virus and can't come out into the light or may be not.

Anyway, here's one for Scuzzy, Hillary Nutcracker I'm sure he'll love this one.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

Oooooh... ouch. Stainless steel legs, indeed.

Scuzzy; I wonder if it works as well as the real-deal.

Ace

They were rapid rabid zombies, right?  At least now, we have a quorum.  We can caucus.

Ace; a funny thing happened on the way to the quorum.
Ring bells for service.

pat

QuoteScuzzy; I wonder if it works as well as the real-deal.

I believe it.

QuoteThey were rapid rabid zombies, right?

That they were; rapid, rabid and rapping on the door to get in. You know, they always find a way in, always.

Braaaaaahahahahahaha

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Did you vote yet?  Early and often?  Can you get out of the house to do so?  I heard the frozen denizens of Michigan are not exactly bouncing off snow drifts to jam the polls up there.  Heck, if your polls are melting then that's even more proof of something warming.

I know the democratic side is a throw-away, with just Mrs. Clinton and no one else bothering since they decided it doesn't count.  Plus, a lot of people are probably at the auto show seeing what American cars we aren't going to build anyway.  But the Republican side oughta be a real donnybrook, so you could go participate in that if you want.  Or go out to dinner.  Although I know in Southern Michiana sometimes you can't buy alcohol until the polls close, so you probably couldn't even get a frozen margarita unless you make your own and leave it on the porch.  Meaning, why leave home to go out to eat?  Or drink, I mean.

I'm working late, so it's either baloney and soup or leftover pizza and salad.  Oh, and 2 hours of American Idol.  I can't wait to see what New American Talent they unearth, speaking of last year's zombies. 

Ace; maybe Amazon has the Taylor Hicks box set.  Or I could Google to see what Catherine McPhee's record label is, this week.
Ring bells for service.

pat

I did vote, just the one time though.

I picked the ballot without the primary candidates and just cast the vote for the millage thing. Stupid Michigan, what a joke, holding a primary that either doesn't count or counts for half depending on your political persuasion.

And it is cold, no ice out on on the big lake though.   

Ace

So; how's your mileagge?  Pretty good?  I suppose if your vehicle stays parked, under a tree, it probably improves.

I didn't know you can vote on that... Shoot, I would here if they'd let us.  I don't even bother to check mine, on a 94 and 99 Ford product.  If it evens gets there, then the milleage is ok.  The Taurus just turned 80,000 today.  And I need another video card waaay more than that...

Ace; my priorities are skewed.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Jeez, how did I ever miss this? It's not like there are so many poasts around this place that it got lost in the maelstrom.
Although poasters lost in the vortex would explain much.

Anyway, I vote for more mileage, not the sorry 12-14 miles per gallon I get with my van, which is why I've been mainly using my old 240 wagon most of the time, that at least gets 25+ per gallon. Looks like I may even roll over 200,000 miles this year, that is if nothing falls on the darn thing. 

Ace

It sure isn't a femaelstrom, is it. 

Here in Southern Michiana we are debating to what extent to rid ourselves of Property tax.  Plus, take certain costs off it and local control/spending, like schools.  I figured the South Bend Community School corporation is spending more than $10K per pupil.  Makes you wonder why they don't just give them the cash and send them to a decent private school...

Of course, sales or income taxes will replace the one thing, so not like you can come out ahead.  Shoot, I already shop online to avoid sales tax and shipping whenever possible.  So not like I'd seek out the opportunity to slap another percent or two of spending cost on some product.  What was your tax vote for? 

Ace; lost in a vortex.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Our tax vote was to make sure those folks that can't vote (mainly out-of-state second home owners) would continue to pay a much higher property tax rate then those of us who live here and can claim homestead status.

Now if you ask me this doesn't really seem all that fair, but then again, those are the same folks who bought up all the prime lake-front and surrounding properties and at the same time pushed up the price (and pushed out the locals) of real estate to the point that if you did want to buy some you couldn't afford it and even if you could there would be no way you could afford the tax on it anyway.  I mean last year the price of lake-front was 10,000.00$ per foot and went up from there depending on what kind of house was on it and most of the time that didn't matter as it would have been destroyed for a great big something of a second home.

So, hey, let them pay.

Anyway, what with all the global climate change and all I'll just stay here and let the lake front come to me.

Ace

I'd agree; stick it to the rich.  I don't want to be too close to any body of water, just in case it gets vortexed and agitated and attacks.

I didn't know there was some confusion of whether Hillary or Norgay made it to the summit, first.  But Norgay said Hillary did. so there ya go.  Oh, and Mrs. Clinton won Las Vegas, for whatever that's worth.  I didn't think she thought much of caucuses, but I guess she changed her mind.

I guess Republicans attacked South Carolina, and the Democrats dig in this week.  I hope Bill can help weed them out.  No, not Mr. Clinton... our Bill.  I heard a funny analogy today, saying that Hillary sends her husband out to yell at the neighbors... but wouldn't herself. 

Ace; if I get rich I'll buy a lakefront in Michigan, but not that big lake of Pat's.  I've been on Magician, Dewey, Donnell, and Corey, mostly.  And Indian Lake is a scene you should make...
Ring bells for service.

Ace

This just in; President Clinton is coming to Michiana Monday to celebrate Dygus Day.

No, the first president Clinton; not the one who's running now.

As probably one of the bigger Dynguses, I would think he'll fit right in.  Dyngus Day is a Polish after-Easter celebration.  My grandmother was Polish (the one married to my Irish Grandfather) and I remember her telling me Dyngus Day was the day the boys "switched the legs of the girls."  That sounded painful, and kinda weird, so I decided not to participate.

Later, I figured out "switching" meant "hitting with a stick."  I'm not sure that helped much, but at least it seemed more probable.

Ace; I'd like to switch candidates.
Ring bells for service.