• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

New Moderator-Carskick

Started by pat, February 10, 2005, 17:36 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

I'm pleased to announce out newest moderator, Carskick.

Cars has been with us since July of 2003. His great attitude and helpful nature has certainly been an asset.

Welcome aboard Carskick.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Mark H

Welcome aboard Carskick. It is nice to have another face here taking care of the forum.

Mark H

Modified, because I found that I can't spell when tired.  :-[
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Neon

Thanks for accepting our invitation to moderate, carskick. We appreciate your contributions.

Welcome aboard!
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Carol

Welcome aboard.  Thanks for giving your time to help others!
Carol
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

Carskick

Thanks, everybody. I feel as I have won an award, and in a way I have. I have been given the gift to do what I love even better, and that is to help people. This forum has been one of my greatest discoveries on the internet. As Pat mentioned, I have been here since July 2003, and I don't plan on leaving any time soon. I want to better the world by using one of my few strong talents, working with computers. Poasters has given me the oppertunity to not only help others, but allowed me to gain knowlege from the brilliant people we have here.

Thank you all! I won't let you down.
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

scuzzy

Welcome to the fold, Carskick. Your first duty as a new moderator is to do the laundry. You'll find Ace's dirty sweat socks thrown in the basement. Once you're done with that, you need to wash the dishes. You'll find a stash of mugs and plates that Ace left in the basement. When you finish the dishes, get out the vacuum cleaner. Again, you'll find a mess that Ace left in the basement.

Once you get all your chores done, help yourself to all the cookies in your temp folder. You earned them.

Glad you're on board as a moderator. You've been a great member, and I'm sure you'll shine as a moderator.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

Congratulations, Captain Kirk.  I would like to say Scuzzy exaggerates exagerates exagerrates criminy I can't spell when I'm awake stretches the truth when he describes my sweat socks as dirty.  First off, and last on, they don't sweat.  Actually, my feet don't sweat much.  If Scuzzy's feet sweated, it would be of no concern, due to their dimunitive size.  Mine are normal sized, and so of normal demeanor.  The socks could be seen more as "filthy," too.

I suppose it's ok you get first crack at the cookies... I suppose the "moderators" have certain "priveleges."  Sigh.  I personally am loading up on Spyware; it's usually free, and I figure that will give me a real advantage in spying on people when I'm online.  I can't believe they give that stuff away...  

Also, keep in mind that as an Official Poasters Moderator you can charge more when you work on computers in your locale.  You wouldn't believe how the title of Official Poasters Jester has helped me line up children's parties, corporate outings and increased my commissions here in Michiana.

Ace; you wouldn't.  I know I don't.
Ring bells for service.

Whizbang

Listen up.  No more mis-spelling the name.  It is Carskick, not Carsick.   :P   ;)

Ace

Well, yeah... nobody mispelled it.  We all know it's Carskick, Whizbing.

Ace; it is hard to pronounce, though.
Ring bells for service.

Igloo

AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Buffalo2102

Nice one Cars.

Just remember that Ace has officially appointed me as the risque one and as such I shouldn't be banned for the odd bit of innuendo.  If you take any notice of Ace that is.....
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

Oh, that's rich.  "Some fool appointed me to be the one to do the stuff that would get somebody in trouble except I shouldn't be because he told me to do it. "  That'll play well in court.  I can now anticipate Car's (or "Kick's") first official act, as New Moderator Person In the Chatroom.

And, no, Cars doesn't take any notice of me.  He's smarter than that.  Plus, he knows how to spell "Onkyo."  

Ace; I think that's the sound a Japanese pig makes.
Ring bells for service.

Carskick

Yeah, a few people have mispelled it before, but I think most people here can read now, so hopefully we won't have any more problem with that   :P

I wish I could charge more because of poasters. But I like my rates. I'm cheap enough to where I feel like I'm helping people, but I can still make more money in an hour than most of my friends make in 2. I just need to get more business. I'm getting it every so often though.

Anyways, to the subject of Onkyo. I can spell it because it is the brand on the Onkyo receiver in my room, model TX-SV444, which you can look up when your feeling really board.
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

trav

CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

iansl

Yes. Definately congratulations. I'd like a moderator position, but since I'm so in-and-out even if they gave it to me I wouldn't be able to staff it properly. Anyways, go Cars!
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

saoirse

Congratulations on the position, Carskick!  Your input has always been admirable  :)

Just as a side note, I'm currently between Ireland and Germany at the moment - not literally, but back and forth in work placement.  It's good to see another hand on the deck!

Again, congrats and welcome aboard.

Hoot

I little late for me cars, but i don't come round that often. You had mod written all over you for some time due to thee help that you give people and you're great attitude about things, and especially tech. You seem like a heck of a nice guy too! I like you're down to earth approach to helping people and humbleness at the same time.

8)

Carskick

Thanks, Hoot. I try my best to help people without being condisending, as I want poasters to have as friendly of an atmosphere as possible. I am glad that ny goals are being realized. Thanks again!

slaxorz

As usual i am late but would like to send you a congratulations on the new mod position.  Better late than never i guess.

*one of these days ill look at a dictionary and hopefully learn how to spel.

JimS

Slaxorz, I'm usually the latest.

Somehow, that came out sounding better than I intended...

Anyway, congratulations, Carskick.
"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet