• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Happy Birthday to .....

Started by Bill, January 22, 2006, 08:42 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

No, you idiots, it is not part of my fertile dang imagination.  Those were the somewhat shiny body fitting nylon shirts of the disco era.  Sleek.  Sexy.  Slippery, as I remember.  Criminy.

If I still had my leisure suit I'd hit you over the head with it.  Well, maybe one of the platform sole boots I used to own.

I'd love the nightlife.  I want to boogie. yada yada.

Ace; probably find one on eBay.  Used.  Yech.

Ring bells for service.

Bill

Geez. I'd forgotten about the nylon shirts.  I admit to having a whole closet full of nylon dress shirts.  They washed easily, dried almost instantly and never, ever needed pressing.  Great during my single days.  The one downside to nylon dress shirts however, as I remember, was that they looked tacky as all get out.  But compared to platform boots, or at least high heeled loafers, they were OK.

Bill; the party's over.

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Criminy; he says "methinks" and then wants to know what language I'M speaking...

Key-Ahna'.  Geez shirtsleeve Louise.  And he's supposed to be the disco king.  I was baptized in the leisure suit.  And didn't dance during it.  

Actually, the boots weren't that platformed.  But they did have a higher, block heel.  Probably gained a 1/2 inch in them but decreased motor skills.

Ace; "You protestetheth" Sylvester sputtered at Tweety.

Ring bells for service.

Ace

Ha.  I know.  "Chain of Fools"... h.a.

Sigh Louise.

You know, my maroon sister in law pronounces his name "Keenu."  Of course she pronounces karaoke "karokee."  

ace; she does not pronunce my name "Ace."
Ring bells for service.

Bill

His name... I thought that was Superman's wife.

A chain is only as strong as the weakest Jester.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Bill

Buffalo2102

Well..... let's liven it up a bit then.

Happy birthday today to....

Jack Lemmon
James Dean
Nick Nolte
John Grisham

Buff; Yes, it lives!  Mwa ha ha ha ha!
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

Well, let's just wish happy births to the dead, shall we.

Ok, I guess Nick Nolte isn't technically dead.  Having seen him recently, I still think he'd qualify.  I don't know about John Grisham since I
1. Don't read mysteries
2. Don't read books

If you say he's still alive, then fine. I'll take your word for it.  Not his, though; he uses way too many of them.  I tell ya, any book that goes over a couple hundred pages is just too far past its sell-by date.  That's like a TV series that goes too long, like those last two seasons of Friends.  Or the first two of Lost.

Anyone, I'm glad to see she's back.  Well, you too.  If you brought Merlot.  Then that, and her, would be just fine.  Thanks.

Ace; I don't want a gang of adopted Cambodian kids running around, though, or Brad Pitt.  I'd need the wine, then.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Well then, today is Joe Pesci?s birthday.
I have a cousin named Vinny, looks just like that guy.
Go figure.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

No, Joe Pesci has nothing to do with women.

Pat, we actually went to Hacienda last night; first time in a long time.  I looked all over for you and had you paged, but you never showed up.

J, you can figure during the skating at Torino I mean Turin.  You know, I was just thinking we can pretty much know the outcome of any event here since it'll probably be over by the time we see it...  Huh; how anticlimactic.

Ace; I'm sure the stations who are not NBC will be broadcasting those results constantly... And early.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Hacienda huh?
I wasn?t there last night so I?m not too surprised I didn?t answer my page.

Whatca have? I usually get the wet burrito. Or the wet burrito and a Corona, it?s too cold out just now for a margarita.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

I had a shredded beef wet burrito, with sour cream and a side of Mexican rice.  And two glasses of margarita; that was the special.  I even got a freeze headache in my right eye at one point.  Two bowls of salsa, too.

They label the wet burritos as "regular" or "small."  I want to tell her I'll have a large, but I decide to honor their naming system.  So I tell the waitress I want a regular.  She asks "Do you want a large...?"  

Criminy.  

No beers there.  I did have a Heineken during Idol.  

Ace; when you're buying I'll have one of the high priced ones.

Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

Thanks for the welcome back.  And I did bring Merlot but it is a bit difficult for me to share.  Someone needs to lay another pipe across the Atlantic for "wine transfer".

Until then, I'll just have to drink it myself and toast to "absent friends".

Happy birthday today to....

George Segal
Jerry Springer

And yes, they are both alive.

Buff; Unless someone has taken up Georges' invitation to "Just Shoot Me".
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Buffalo2102

Hey Ja

The welcome back is kinda vague and is hidden within one of Ace's poasts up there somewhere.

QuoteAnyone, I'm glad to see she's back.  Well, you too.  If you brought Merlot.  Then that, and her, would be just fine.  Thanks.

I know it's easy to miss, especially if you tend to skip over some of his nonsense like some people probably do (I don't.  Definitely not.  No Siree).

I have been really busy launching my company's Video on Demand service to over a million customers over the last 6 months.  It's gone really well but has been really hard work.

I have been able to browse occasionally, and even poast now and then but nowhere near as much as you guys.  Hopefully I will be more regular now.

Buff; Cue the bran flakes jokes!

Bill

Ace

I'd recommend bananas.  I refer to them as p_psicles.  

Shoot, that one will probably get Bubba banned again.  Sorry.

I'm glad you caught my subliminal message.  They're sorta like those popups that make the funny beep and you know it probably just passed on some stinking spyware.

I have been busy offering personal counseling and rehabilitative services to over a million customers on the web.  

ace; I was glad to see her back.
Ring bells for service.