• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Happy Anniversary Ace

Started by pat, March 31, 2008, 18:41 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

Wow!!!!

10 years a POASTER

250 PAGES of QUALITY Poasts

A tip of the hat to one who not only knows the path, but walks it.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Whut...?

Look, I don't know what that means, as far as walks the path and talks the walk... Are you sure about the decade of this?  And where's the 250 pages come from?  Average size of an average poast, over time?  Quantity, over quality?  Multi colored neon print on a blackboard background? 

I mean, I didn't know I was up for an award, and really couldn't imagine I'd win it.  Especially not knowing it existed.  I would like to thank the academy, and acknowledge those also nominated, and really say sincerely I don't deserve this.

Well, they don't either, so I'll take it.  I hope there's some sort of statuette I can mount on my computer desk.  I have a flying pig, plus the Altec speakers, and an old Quantex mousepad over on the shelves nearby that can serve as side dishes. 

A decade decayed.  You know, when I started, I wasted time at work browsing the hallways of the Quantex chatroom.  And today, there ya go.  Some things change, and some don't.  I've outlived a great many whom used to, and don't, anymore.  Which just goes to prove the Purpose of Life and Chatting:

The One Whom Dies With The Most Poasts, Wins.

I'm a leg up on the competition, I'd have to think.  And, if the Final Jeopardy Question involves "Poasters With SLI" I know I can bet it all, Alex.

Ace; thanks to the little people, who made this all possible.  I hope my PayPal account will reflect my winnings, shortly.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Hold on, Wait just a Minute here!!

It looks like, It is.......

Happy Anniversary to Scuzzy

Another 10 year Poaster!

Ten years of staying one step ahead of Ace.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Bill

JA,
I think it would be 'safer' to congratulate these 2 separately.  Putting Ace and Scuzzy together anywhere or any way is probably not a great idea.  Kind of like 2 cats (or Fat SQUIRRELS if you prefer) in a burlap bag!

So, congrats to Scuzzy.

And, congrats to Ace.

Bill; geez, what next.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Thank you all for celebrating this millstone in my career; I really appreciate it.

Although it does dampen the celebration to have Scuzzy included.  To me, it's like putting a big fat squirrel and a cat into a bag.  And then having a tree fall on it.  Although I can't match Scuzzy's arrest record or instances of actually helping anyone here, I would like to point out I'm unsurpassed in verbiage and sheets (double rolls) of poastings.  Plus, Scuzzy has the keys to all the rooms and can wander freely, while I'm restricted to the two rooms downstairs and the janitor's closet.

As he so often admits, he's tried to lose me on numerous occasions, but he couldn't shake me.  If he could shake me, I might be able to slim down that lumpy pantsed avatar.

I don't know if Scuzzy has kept a step ahead of me; usually he's sped past on the side of the road, and I get pelted with gravel.  He did follow me back into the chatroom, after it burned down.  Oh, and he tried to leave when I was leaving, and hog my spotlight.  Well, like today.  10 years here is like a decade, at least in dog years.  I don't know how cats count time, so that's another thing wrong with him.  He also started the tradition of naming oneself after one's cat, instead of just picking a kicky fake persona like I did. 

Ace; I guess I could try for 20.  What's the record?
Ring bells for service.

Ace

As long as I get top billing and the anniversary card is addressed to me, I'm good with it. 

I don't know where Scuzzy is, anyway.  You'd think he'd come by to congratulate me and himself and rub my nose in it.  I hope he wasn't caught in that zillion car Colorado Vail Pass fender bender crusher killer crash scene.  Unless he has a news clip of himself spinning upside down.  Or, in his car.

I do like vanilla envelopes, so I'll watch my mail.  I hope it isn't addressed to me in that red/black script; that is hard to read. 

Ace; we oughta change the pages to black, then it'd be really cool.
Ring bells for service.

Ace

If he's gonna duke, I'm gonna duck.

Ace; only way I'm getting a firearm is if I light my sleeve.
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

Okay, let's get things straight. Ace being with us for 10 years is not something to celebrate. It's something to mourn all the way to morning.

Even scarier is knowing that we've had people lurking in this forum for at least that long. Some sneak a poast on occasion, just to check our defenses.

Ace does have a good idea, though. We should change our forum to a black background, just to celebrate the old days. We could also throw our rules to the wind, and allow everyone the opportunity to flame everyone else. Then we can hire a bricklayer to build walls all over the place, and have someone from St Louis turn out the lights. I suppose we could also put a tombstone on the front page and put the names of our dearly departed on it, along with a nonsensical epitaph.

Then a bunch of angry moms can march in Washington, DC, in protest. Next will be angry dads, grandparents, uncles, great aunts, cousins twice removed, etc.

Scuzzy; Ace up your sleeve, with a firearm up his sleeve, is a frightening thought.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

You know, that was the most succinct and thorough history of Poasters I think we've ever had here.  You should poast that as the opening instead of that bogus "Where Did Poast Come From" Notredamus hoax.  Nice job.

Better than the "Ace" song, too.

Ace; I'm pretty sure my tombstone will have some nonsensical epitaph.  Heck, probably written by me.

Ring bells for service.