• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Its Alive! Pics!

Started by trav, November 12, 2004, 22:06 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Chandler

If those are the loaded temperatures then they're probably fine.  If that's the idle temp then it is a little too high, it's 60?C.  Is that the core temperature of the CPU, or the CPU socket temperature?

Did you install Windows XP with either ACPI or APIC+ACPI as that will enable HLT which cools the CPU when idle.

Carskick

Did you apply the heatsink yourself, or did the company do it for you. If you did it, how much thermal paste did you use. I'm assuming all fans are working at an efficent speed.
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

trav

Chandler: I don't think so, how do I check and how do i install it (if not allready), now?
How do i know if its core, or CPU? It says that in the BIOS (i think it says "CPU: ###)

Cars: The company applied it. The fans are all working correctly, I only have one fan in the whole system, on the heatsink for the CPU, should i ut more in? Also, there is no AUX_Fan plug on the mobo, how would i put a new one in then?
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Whizbang

You probably would benefit from an exhaust rear case fan.  Any case fan has an adapter to insert it into the regular drive power cable without any splicing.  A front mounted intake fan would also be nice if the case is designed for the option.

trav

My case, as you can see, supports t wo rear fans.

Does a fan come with a fan-to-molex connector? I have one, but the wire is a bbit frayed. (a connector)
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Whizbang

The usual is for a case fan to have two molex connectors and often a third fan-to-mobo power option to include speed sensing.  The molex go in line with the drive power connectors.  Anytime you do not use the extra fan port, it is a good idea to cover it from the inside with clear vinyl tape to prevent exhaust heat from re-entering the case.

Carskick

If you only have one fan in the entire system, I'm not surprized it runs at that temperature. An exaust fan would be the first addition, then either a 2nd exaust or an intake would be the next step, depending on case design. If the CPU fan isn't that powerful, you could always upgrade that as well. The most important numbers to look at when buying a fan are CFMs and dBAs. The CFM rating tells how many cubic feet of air the fan moves in a minute. Higher is better. The dBA rating tells how loud the fan is in Decibles. Lower is better. I'd get a ball bearing fan, as they tend to be more reliable.
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

trav

Another - minor - problem...

I have a screw in one of the hard drives so that it stays in place, in the cage, and, i think ive stripped it because, it will turn, but wont come out.....its a small one too, so i cant really get a good grasp on it with anything, what shall i do?

Bill

trav,
You could try a pair of tweezers, check in the medicine cabinet.

If is not loose or vibrating, you could simply leave it.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Whizbang

I usually just place the edge of an Arkansas toothpick (pocket knife  ;D  ) under the head of the screw and pry it up a little as I turn the screw out.  You might just be using the wrong size and thread pitch of screw.  Telling the difference is not easy.  Normally, a hard drive uses the same bolt (machine screw) as a computer case cover.  That makes it nice to convert the screws on drive to the big thumb screw replacements that are on some better cases that are not quite as sophisticated as the screwless types.

halokid

congrats trav ;D its been a long time coming..

trav

Sure has!

I have vigured out what's vibrating. The side panel (the one, that allows you to change cards etc.)

One person that I talked to recommended putting duct tape in the case, so it'd stop vibrating. But then how would it lock into place? I mean, the holes are covered y the tape, right?

Hoot

Very nice travis. Have fun with your system  :D

Roopert

Nice system Trav and thanks for all of your input with mine last winter. LOVE the case!
AMD 64 3400+ 1G Corsair twinxPLL 2x80G statas in R-0 ATI9800XT 256 Samsung CDR CDWR CD DVD Chaintech ZNF-150 MoBo.

+-6% of P4EE and 51-FX at 1/2 the cost :)

crayzboost

hey trav ive been looking around for that case for an hour. cant you tell me where you got it from and do thay have other colors? im looking at doing a resident evil theme case and it would be perfect... thanks in advance