• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Idol '09

Started by Bill, March 04, 2009, 06:59 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark H

Quote from: JA on May 14, 2009, 09:27 hrs
OK, so check it out, Dawgs.
With 8 million votes, the spread between 1 and 2 was 1 million, Ryan said.

Actually, it was a spread of 1 million out of 88 million votes. I think Chris will get the majority of Danny's votes since they are more similar than either one is to Adam. I think for Adam to win, it will take a bunch of new voters who haven't been voting. In my opinion, Adam should win, but that doesn't always translate to votes (Daughtry).

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Ace

Ok, I'll call in.  I'll vote for J.  One down, 87,999,999 to go.  Go tell your friends.  I would, but I don't have any.

I have no idea what his singing voice is, but he's gotta be better than Katy Perry.  He's probably kissed a girl and liked it, too, which makes a lot more sense coming from him than her.  Plus, with his fear of decibels, at least he's not going to sing loudly.  I think that's helpful for people who don't sing well, as a rule.

Actually, I bet they don't even count votes on Idol.  The judges probably play paper-scissors-rock-lizard-Spock after each round to choose whom to send home.

Ace; Ryan would play lizard.
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

Katy Perry was horrible and her outfit was much too revealing for prime time television. I kissed a girl and I liked it, so I married her. I hope the lineup of singers is better for next week's results show than it was for this week. Good grief! At least Jordon Sparks sang better than Katy Perry.

Mark H; I think Chris gets more of Danny's votes than Adam.

Ace

"JIMMIE HENDRICKS?"??!!?  What is wrong with you.. geez louise: Jimi Hendrix.  James Marshall Hendrix.  Of which Marshall happens to be the name of Jim Marshall, whom built the amplifiers of which both are known. 

My folks worked with Ron Como at Bendix.  Perry was smooth.  I was reading where Carlos did acid right before Woodstock, which he regretted pretty much immediately. He said he was making those faces during Soul Sacrifice in the movie due to his effort in trying to wrestle his guitar neck, which pretty much was becoming this writhing snake...  and trying to actually play in tune and survive it all. 

Ace: Kris is smooth.  Katy Perry is atonal. 
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

Of the below four judges, who needs to go?

Kara
Paula
Randy
Simon

My vote is for Kara!

Mark H; There was a television comedy called "Three's Company," so what gives Fox the right to have 4 judges instead of three?

Bill

I agree with both of you.  Kara doesn't seem to mesh well with the rest.  And, for that reason, if there is a reduction to 3, it will probably be Paula.

The other side of this issue is that being a judge is a long, seemingly endless process when one considers talent selection from the begininng.  One, or more of them, may simply not want to go through it again.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Paula. Kara. Randy.
Not Simon.

Honestly, Paula isn't home and the lights are out and she's pretty gone most nights anyway.  Kara is "gushing" but not particularly worthwhile.  She seems to actually have some credentials, but not that you'd know listening to her... (and her trying to outsing an early entrant was just pointless).  I'm actually tired of Randy's booing Simon on the introductions every week, and how he hedges things ("pitchy").  Plus, his main claim to fame is playing bass with Journey, and I'd just like to know where Ross Vallory was during that excursion.

I heard Simon's ok with next year, but the year after is sketchy.  Really, I don't think I'd bother if there wasn't at least someone objective on it.  And although he's inconsistent, he's generally on target.

Get rid of the other three and replace them with Chef Gordon Ramsey.  He and Simon in stereo ought to break anyone down into tears.  Maybe Axl Rose; there's a guy who can predict careers that can go off track.  Possibly that guy from Milli Vanilli; I think one of them is dead, unless he had someone else be dead for him.  I like that tall British judge from "So You Think You Can Dance."  I think British judges are best, just because they can sound more belittling and snooty, and more impressive.  I suppose Donald Trump and his sycophantic children could do the show.. although they'd just agree with him. 

"Danny Gokey... You're Fired!"
Ace; that could be a'ight.

Ring bells for service.

Mark H

I think Carry Underwood should win tonight. She sounded better than either of the other two and looks a whole lot better.

Who here thinks Kara's song was horrible besides me?

Mark H; Neither singer liked singing Kara's song in my opinion.

Ace

Carrie Underwood is a'ight, too. For a country/pop girl she's really good.

I thought Adam made Kara's song sound good.. it wasn't much, but those commemorative songs never are.  I thought the judge's consensus on Kris was "Atta boy... you should be proud to wind up in 2nd place this year."  His initial tune was great, and I think he got stuck with a dumb selection on the 2nd and of course the 3rd.  He's good, but nobody's as good as Adam.  He's stunning.

Ace; stunned. Like "tased."
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

In reply #132, I was correct in predicting Chris to win by getting more of Danny's votes.

How did you like Kara making Katrina mad by coming out and singing?

What group or guest artist did you like the best tonight. I think Lionel was the best sounding guest artist.

Mark H; Kara's bikini shot sure didn't last very long!

Ace

As with preemptive wars and GM and Chrysler's take on making but not selling autos, America got it wrong once again.  So my general mood is a shrug and a "who cares" and "nothing on Idol matters, and what if it did.."

First off, Kris got most of Danny's votes.  Secondly, Rod Stewart was really Greg Norman in a wig.  And why he'd sing "Maggie May" per his youthful days is beyond me.  Well, "croak." 

Lionel Ritchie never sounded like much to me so he hasn't lost it...  Kiss is wearing larger body armor, and matched Queen Latifah in support undergarments to try to hold things in.  And their heels outdid the other girls.

If Queen (both of them) joined the Who (both of them) they'd almost have a whole band.  But still no bass player.  Maybe Randy could fill in.

And Fergie ties Gwen Stefani and Katy Perry for Most Gawshawful Drivel and Irritating Presence Award.  The Black Eyed Peas did one decent song, and stopped there.

Kris knew who won, Simon knew who one, but as long as you let anyone voice an opinion they'll get it wrong.  I can see where Kris will be "popular", but that's like voting for "rubber" as "best material to make a rubber band, out of."

Ace; or "vanilla" for "favorite ice cream."

Ring bells for service.

Bill

Well thank you, you skipped the one artist I have an opinion about (except Stewart who acted as if some one did some serious arm twisting to make him show up).  Santana was probably the smartest performer last night, he didn't sing, but the guitar sounded terrific.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Santana was alright.  I felt sorry for him that no one was making eye contact or connecting with him.. just circling and singing along.  He seemed very alone in a crowd.  Made sense to do a medley; that's really what I couldn't get with Rod, by just doing the one (whole..) old tune.  He sorta looks like what Barry Manilow will, eventually.

But hey: Brian May was also really on top of his game.  Maybe he and Santana could've just done a duet.  I do like Roger Taylor, too. 

Santana definitely outplayed Paul Stanley and the "new" Ace. 

Ace; what a stupid name. Like "Kris."
Ring bells for service.

Ace

Well, I hate to disagree, but not really.  Carlos was looking around... He kept looking at "hatboy" the Piano Man when they started black magic woman, but Kalamazoozoozoo wouldn't look back.  Generally Santana isn't so much humble as : spaced out metaphysical cosmic not of this world.  But he can play, and really not anything like anyone else.  He's a very spiritual guy, and I think he was definitely looking to "connect" with the other performers but putting out on that island just disconnected him.  Now, if he had giant shoes and a lot of flash pots and a wig and some cool makeup, then...

Told you Chaim Witz and Stanley Eisen would make names of themselves... I hope there are more rock shows, like the Supernova series, since a Rocker will never win Idol and that's a shame.

Ace; and I was the first one to get "Kris" spelled right...

Ring bells for service.

Ace

and This Just In:  Voting Discrepancies Reported for IDOL
Apparently ATT staff (a sponsor) attended Kris Parties and showed supporters how to "power vote" (i.e. cheat) to send 10x as many responses per call....  Sweet.  Jerks.  No such "support" was shown for Adam. 

I would believe that 5 law enforcement officers would look at 5 different people and see something.  You know, that whole tree in the eye thing is almost biblical, like in "get that dang plank out of your eye" and "don't let your left eye know what your right eye is doing" and also "if what you're looking at offends you, shoot it."

I got my eyes examined (I know: I should have had the whole head..).  They have this new retinal mapping device that throws the image of the inside of your eye onto a computer to examine.  Not something I'd want as a screensaver.

I think Idol's 15 minutes of fame is up...  I guess I'll watch to see if Adam ever does anything, and can't say I'd seek out any of the rest.

Ace; I hope Lambert doesn't wind up on Broadway in some remake of "Cabaret"...
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

The votes at that party were less than the winning margin according to the news, but it is still wrong to do what happened at the party. I have been saying for years that AI needs to set up voting so there is only one vote per number per contestant. It should also be set so that a cell phone call or text message count as coming from the same number so you can't do both with the same cell phone.

Mark H; I bet Adam had more people calll for him, but Kris had more of the repeat voters.

Ace

After watching way too much coverage of Susan Boyle, I am exhausted and feel the need to take a break from talent shows.  Even "Do You Think You Can Dance" tryouts make me feel tired.  Although I am so eager to watch the new season of "The Bachelorette" with OctoMom.  I think the title is going to be "Eight is Enough."

Here's an idea for a new show; have Madonna and Angelina Jolie compete to adopt some kid as a hybrid of "The Nanny" and "Survivor." 

Maybe a new show called "MVP"; have singers dance, dancers act and actors sing.  Plus, have them drive a semi on the ice roads of the Arctic.  I always enjoy watching someone try that. 

Ace; and have them dance/act/sing while going through the "Wipe Out" obstacle course and the muddy moat below.
Ring bells for service.