• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

The smell of battery acid

Started by Robin, January 27, 2009, 07:19 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin

Hey guys. Got a little odd topic for You today.

I've got this battery extender from Mad Catz for my Playstation portable that totally reeks of battery acid. Since it gets stuck to hands easily i presume the smell is pretty much everywhere in and on it. I'm worried about why it smells so much since i'm pretty sure being around something that smells that much of acid must be a quite good way to get cancer. Any comments?
Swedish Voice-Over artist interested in working in or near San Jose!
My Voice Profile
| My Community Island of redemptions - Isle Red - Fighting Loneliness - i am so lonely - islandofredemptions.com

halokid

I would see if you can take it back for another of the same, or if its a defective product, a different version. Battery acid can not only be toxic, but can be damaging to the skin and respiratory system. If there are kids around, not so good either. Im not sure on the cancer part but if you don't need to expose yourself to chemicals then why take the chance kinda thing.

PS I can totally understand your concern, and i personally  would not use anything that smelled too "chemical" .

Robin

Thanks, Halo! I should perhaps have mentioned that two friends of mine got the very same product, smelling the same. The product works well, and has smelled like this from day one, in use as lying around cold. I sent MCz an email about it too now.
Swedish Voice-Over artist interested in working in or near San Jose!
My Voice Profile
| My Community Island of redemptions - Isle Red - Fighting Loneliness - i am so lonely - islandofredemptions.com