• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Quantex TS30I2/I3 & Windows 2000 Professional

Started by Sliderule, April 23, 2002, 03:27 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Sliderule

Just finished upgrading TS30I2/I3-333MHz with 288MB RAM from Win98 to Win2k Pro.  Everything seems to work, no driver problems.  The computer seems a lot faster and is a lot more stable, no BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) yet.  Dialup connection speeds are a lot faster, too.  I also upgraded the hard disk drive from 10GB to 18GB, but this is not required.  4GB is more than enough, unless you want a dual boot system.  I would recommend this upgrade rather than WinXP, because WinXP is such a resource hog and 333Mz is just not fast enough.  Microsoft recommends 300Mz or better and 128MB RAM for WinXP Home and 133MHz or better and 64MB RAM for Win2k; I have found that whatever they recommend: double it!  It even found it's own video driver for the ATI Rage Pro LT.  It did not support simultaneously viewing of TV out and the LCD screen, but ATI has the driver on their website. If you don't use the TV out, don't bother.

If anyone is interested in a 10GB IBM notebook drive for $75, email me.

(Moved To Software Reviews by dcsun)

Edited by - dcsun on Apr 23 2002  2:12:16 PM
No Smoke, No Glory!
HP Pavilion 8396, PII-450MHz, 384MB RAM, 40GB HDD, Multi-Boot:  Win2kPro, Win98SE, Win2k3-Enterprise