• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Indiana

Started by Bill, July 23, 2006, 16:21 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

"No, I'm not sending you any of my guns. Get your own, dang it."
"Not that we'd know what time it gets dark in Indiana"

Speaking of Indiana, were you out on the Interstate today, or yesterday?
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

pat

Does going from Michigan to Indiana and back again all the while staying comfortably in the confines of the magical realm of Michiana count? I was even over on Grape for a while.

Oh and in case you?re wondering Ace forgot to leave out that margarita again.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Bill

I doubt that he forgot.  He just decided you weren't coming after all, and rather than have it go to waste.......

B-
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

The margarita lay in pieces in my kitchen.

The sweet and sour mix and lime juice is in the fridge; the tequila decanter and Cointreau are on the countertop.  The glasses are in the cupboard.   The blender sits motionless.

I did have a couple tequila and lemonades.  That was to fortify me for Scuzzy's taunts.  But I didn't go driving down the interstate, after.  Thankfully, not owning a pickup truck will help me to not be spotted.

Ace; or shotted.  
Ring bells for service.

pat

Yeah, we wouldn?t want you to end up in a creek or up a creek, whichever/wherever.

So, you weren?t doing the salt-tequila-lemon or was it lemon-tequila-salt thing? It?s been so long since I've done that I just can?t remember how it went.

pat; not too likely I?d remember anyway.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Geez Louise, I just get the dang things assembled.  I don't want to deal with the pieces, any more than with a computer.  Have the tequila in the mix in the glass with the salt.  Then you just have to download.

Anyway, I think in Indiana it's a crick.  Although Brooke is ok on Rockstar Supernova.  You know, Heart played at the Morris and there was a photo of Ann and Nancy Wilson.  Nancy looks old and Ann is just huge.  Maybe they'll do a reality TV competition called Rockstar Super-size-me.

I guess I'm glad there's not a sniper over on Grape Road, although it might cut down on traffic if there was.

Ace; I think in Michigan they have whackos who try to cut down trees to fall on top of pickup trucks as they speed past...
Ring bells for service.

pat

I suppose.

I wouldn?t mind if a guy had half a chance of dodging a tree while you were moving. That slapping you down while you?re parked hurts.

Ace

You had half a chance, but probably not more than that.  It was probably 50-50; either it'd hit you or it wouldn't.  Although the odds on "wouldn't" were probably slim to none, and Slim just left the room and sure wasn't being mistaken for Ann Wilson.

That's why I don't gamble, except for the weekly Hoosier Lottery ticket.  And the only reason I buy that is that I know the week I don't my lucky numbers are gonna come up.  Later I'll define what I mean by "lucky numbers," since that sorta begs the question.

Buying computer parts is sorta a gamble, too, since you don't know what big 3 letter conglomerate is going to buy out some other big 3 letter conglomerate, and change the face of mankind.  Or at least a shoulder, or elbow.

I'm a bit concerned, being a big 3 letter entity myself.  I don't want to read AMD, after purchasing ATI, has now decided to go after ACE....

Ace; if they expect to buy me they are gonna have to come up one big chunk of change.  I'm not cheap.  I may be free, but I'm not cheap.
Ring bells for service.

pat

So who is this Ann Wilson?

I don?t know what that has to do with lucky numbers, mine is 13. And forget about that tree, it got me once and got me good. Hey, I?m just glad I wasn?t in that van, I?d be sort of like a loaf of short bread.

Short.

It?s kind of like someone asking you if you if you want a coke or a pepsi.

Duh.

I?ll have a Corona with a slice of lime, Thank you.

Ace

Well, she's larger than life, for one thing.  They had big hits, so I guess she decided to live up to them.

Heck, if anyone asked if I wanted a coke or Pepsi I'd say "yes."  Although I'd rather have a beer.  I like limes in the Corona ok, but it's kinda weird when you get to the bottom and they get really limey.  No, not like Buffalo or Chandler, I mean fruity.

No, not like me, like actual fruit.  Geez.

I don't know if the recycling guy appreciates that there's a fruit slice in beer bottles either.  I sure hope they don't try to recycle those.  I think one use and they're pretty much shot.

I like "13" too; I don't have a problem with it.  Although today's lottery had stupid numbers, and none of mine.

Ace; it's almost like they run the thing so nobody will win.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Not "nobody."  They just flag the numbers you selected for exclusion.

You could try a smaller piece of lime to begin with -be easier to get in the bottle as well.  "No, not like me, like actual fruit."  I'll just leave that alone, better that way.

Bill

Ace

I hope that's not one of those key logging scams, where they watch what numbers you pencil in and then go from there.  Strangely, filling out a lottery card reminds me somehow of standardized tests...

In Indiana, we probably have our lottery run by some foreign conglomerate.  Ohio, I bet.  

We rushed to get our toll road sale oops sorry "lease" pushed through so that the billions would hit our account just in time for the end of year balance check, allowing us to balance our budget.  I guess that's like writing down my bank account balance right before I send the mortgage check.  Or those few hours between closing on the sale of your house, and the purchase of the new one.  I'm Rich!  I'm Rich!  If I didn't buy another house, look at the money I'd have!

That's my dream; to be a wealthy homeless person.  I bet you get your pick of the park benches, then.

Ace; I'm gonna get a sign that says 'Please help me; I am a yachtless person."
Ring bells for service.