• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Canon BJC-6000 Printer Problem

Started by bbcardguy, August 25, 2002, 08:14 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcardguy

Help! Have a Canon-BJC 6000 printer. An ink pen got stuck down in the feeding path & I had to unsnap the rear of the printer to get my hand down to retrieve. It wasn't jammed in & no damage to rollers ect. Upon clearing that,I hooked it back up & now the green power light just flashes (Never a steady glow). The Manuel says that it's warming up when flashing green. So why is it just constantly warming up & never ready? I reinstalled drivers.

Every so often it will enit a high pitched scream for appx. 1 minute & then stop.  Never any problems before.

query

You may have inadvertently damaged the print head.  There are two of them - one black and one color, and they are replaceable - though the cost is not low (about $75 for black and $90 for color).

If it was the color one that got stuck, try replacing the color printhead to see if that clears up the problem.  

If it doesn't, the printer will likely need to be repaired professionally or replaced.

dcsun

I'll second what Query said.  There has likely been damage to either the print head or some sensors.

Dave