• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Lightscribe doesn not suck

Started by LugwidVanB, January 02, 2010, 21:36 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

LugwidVanB

I thought I should make amends for my knee jerk reaction to using this software without thinking more about it. The problem was memorex disks, not lightscribe. I got verbatim in and they work fine. I made a really cool label after recording 12 hours of Have Gun Will Travel. The show was in the 50s or 60s if I recall. Encore ran them for 24 hours. The star was Richard Boone, the thinking man's gunslinger who quotes Homer, Virgil and others. He prefers using his brain rather than his gun. I put them on 3 disks of 8 episodes each. The lightscribe label has a nice background template, 2 places for text and 3 places for photos. I got pictures from google including his calling card and inserted those.

I saved the label as a jpeg file and tried to attach it here but couldn't figure out how to do it. Does anyone know how to upload an image? Thanks,

Tom

LugwidVanB

Thanks JA. Memorex is history. I signed up for the inbox account. I uploaded the label and it is awesome. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to share it. I got to a page with this message:

Clicking on the "How to share my photos" link within the Photos module will present a link to where your photos will be accessible.

I clicked on the Photo tab at the top but saw no such link. Is there a secret? Thanks,

Tom

pat

You should be able to use your photobucket account, I can tell you have a photobucket account by right clicking on your picture you use as an avatar and looking at the url properties.

It's actually pretty easy to use a picture you see on the web to poast in a message, bear in mind though that most web sites don't like you to link to their stuff.

Just right click on the image and look for the image's properties and use the correct forum code to poast the image.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

LugwidVanB

Thanks JA. This is the url associated with the image. Let's see if it works. Tom

http://wm57.inbox.com/thumbs/1_1d13d7_133894f6_oP.png.thumb

LugwidVanB

Great. It worked for me. Let me know if you get it too. It's a very nice image for Paladin. The pictures are good quality.

Thanks Pat. If this doesn't work I'll go to photobucket.

Tom

Bill

Worked for me!  Pretty neat work.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

LugwidVanB

Thanks Bill. I've now got 24 episodes of these little 30 minute jewels. I thought they were boring at the time but oh so good now. Tom

LugwidVanB

I'm sure lightscribe and the knight without armor in a savage land will appreciate that.