• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

What are your favorite Christmas movies?

Started by pat, December 15, 2007, 17:45 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

What are your favorite Christmas movies?

These are some of mine, in no particular order.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the original animated version that one with Jim Carrey  is just wrong.

A Christmas Carol, the one with Alastair Sim is my favorite, but I also like the Mr. Magoo and Henry Winkler versions too.

It's a Wonderful Life, a great classic.

Trading Places

Die Hard

Nightmare Before Christmas

A Charlie Brown Christmas

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Babes in Toyland, I like both versions.

Well, that's some of them I'm sure there may be others that I can't think of right now though.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Say, brainless, don't you know where coconut comes from?!

Well, if my wife is watching, there's only It's A Wonderful Life.  "Thou Shalt Have No Other Christmas Movies Before Me"...  Criminy, I can do all the lines now. 

"A Muppet Christmas Carol"... that cracks me up, mostly the "Light the lamp! Not the rat!"  I like the George C. Scott one and the Alistair original.

Tonight, we're watching Polar Express.  I love the look of it, and my head spins during the Hot Chocolate scene in the train.

White Christmas.  Just for the "choreography."  I liked "Elf" too, although I don't know how many more times.  "Nightmare" is really useful, for Halloween or Christmas or the dead zone between. 

Ace; as far as she's concerned they can put a swimming pool under most of the others... 
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

Terminator 2 is by far my favorite.

It's A Wonderful Life comes in at a close second. Some of the others you mentioned are also good, but it seems too difficult to find the time to watch them.

Scuzzy; don't look here.

Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

That figures.  You probably found the original Terminator to be your favorite musical.

Well, then, you'd probably like these new holiday films:

Alien vs. Predator vs. Rudolph
Barbershop Christmas
Santa gets a shave from Sweeny Todd
Polar Bear Express the sequel to "Polar Express" and "Golden Compass".  Little tykes like sweet treats, and become them.
The Born Ultimatum Herod hears of the Birth...
Pilate, of the Caribbean III no clue
300 Christmas 300 warriors in line in front of you at Best Buy, who will fight to their death to keep you from checking out
I Am Legend Only shopper able to locate a Wii at Circuit City, who is attacked by zombies/clerks (same difference)
One Big Weis Man Story of Charlie and the Chocolate Dome of ND
ok, I have no idea what that means but it is an interesting image...

Ace; I'm sure glad it wasn't a top 10

Ring bells for service.

Mark H

"It's a Wonderful Life" is at the top by itself with "Miracle on 34th Street" next.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.