• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

News From Ebay

Started by Whizbang, June 21, 2007, 14:08 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

In a very forthright way, Ebay has contacted registered users that virtually all larger capacity USB flashdrives/thumbdrives sold on Ebay are counterfeit, especially the  2 Gigs and up.  I was more than a little surprised by the admission, since businesses usually are prone to cover the backside to protect sales.  There may be more to this admission than is being told, but, until I learn otherwise, I will give Ebay a good thumbs up on looking out for its honest clientÃ?¨le.

frenchie47

I haven't been contacted - can I sue them for discrimination?

Carskick

For the longest time, I did everything to avoid buying stuff on ebay, but I have bought a few photography items there as of recently, a generic brand remote shutter and a a Canon 24-85 lens. I was very happy with both buying experiences, but there are many fishy items on ebay, so I don't always jump into stuff there.
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

Whizbang

For mainline computer items, I stick to NewEgg, ZipZoomFly, Xoxide, Chieftain...etc.  I have bought some off-the-wall stuff from Ebay that has been very good, such as a USB audio card that I use when my wife does not want to be distracted.  Individual pre-owned stuff can be very good. 

Mark H

I have bought a few things off EBAY, but only when they are not available anywhere else.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.