• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by scuzzy, November 28, 2000, 19:27 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

That's odd. Windows 98SE should have easily recognized an HP 670c. Did you restart the computer with the printer hooked up and "on"? Regardless, you want the full blown drivers and program from HP, anyway (even if Windows recognized the printer). You can find what you need at http://www.hp.com. Click on "Drivers", then enter DeskJet 670c in the search function.

Scuzzy

Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

QQQ

I know with my Epson printer it says NOT to let windows install the driver but to use the driver from Epson.  

It might be advisable to do the same with your HP printer whether or not windows has the driver.

As soon as the "found new hardware" garbage starts to load, cancel it.  Then install the driver you dl from HP.

Carol

I hate drivers.  Ok, that's out of my system.  It didn't recognize the printer at all.  Tried using add printer, that is where I couldn't find it in list.  I have the floppies and I think I can install it from them but I know they are old.  Should I put them in first and then download the newer ones?  Thanks for the help.

It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

scuzzy

Hey Carol,

Just download and use the latest drivers from HP. You'll be happy to know that HP drivers install fairly easily.

Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Carol

Finally got my sisters printer loaded tonight.  I went to HP site and they only had one set of drivers there for all windows, the same ones I already had.  I had to finally pick it as a Generic printer and use the floppy to get it to recognize it.  But it worked.  Thanks

It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

scuzzy

Carol, you're becoming very resourceful.

Carol

Been helping my sister set up her new computer.  When it came to loading the printer it was not in the list.  It is a HP Deskjet 670c series and the operating system is Windows98SE.  Is there any other way to do this if it is not in the list using add a printer.  Thanks.