• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Games Included with XP?

Started by fletch33, September 22, 2009, 07:57 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

fletch33

is it possibly to obtain the games like freecell, solitaire, minesweeper if your installation of Windows XP does not contain them?

I fixed my grandfathers desktop and did not include the games and he really wants them. i would have never thought anyone played them but apparently he uses his computer more for the couple of included XP games than anything else LOL

is it possible to purchase that game pack somewhere? maybe free?

i tried showing him that you can play all of those games online at a million sites but it is not the same to him :(

i am trying to avoid having to stick his awful Dell Recovery Disc in just to get these games and then have to spend half a day removing all the unnecessary bloat/trial software.

thanks for any help

Bill

What did you use to "fix" his desktop? 

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

fletch33

I used XP Pro SP3 that I removed all the uneeded software/services to allow for a much cleaner install and super increased performance. unfortunately I removed the games as well not realizing he wanted them. it is the same OS that shipped with the Dell just without the stuff that isn't needed. except of course these games.

i looked around for info on those included games online to see if I could buy the game pack or soemthing but no luck. I would rather buy them then re-install the OS and all his software  for just a few simply games.

thanks for any help with these  

Bill

You should be able to install the games component from the original O/S CD using 'add/remove' in Control Panel.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

fletch33

i didn't think that was possible but I will now look into that.

thanks