• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

The Floor Show

Started by Ace, April 18, 2005, 11:06 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Before.

After

Ace; I didn't make it up, but I wish I had.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Are you saving the boxes, just in case?

Nicely done!  So how come you didn't re-hang the art work?  What's a refrig. without art.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Mark H

Nicely done Ace! I had green carpet that I replaced with a neutral tone carpet that it sort of tanish in color. My green carpet was also in the dining room and there was linoleum in the kitchen. I now have hardwood in both the kitchen and dining room. If I ever get my pictures developed, I will poast then in "The Floor Show" thread that you started.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Whizbang

Hey, that is nice!  My wife would approve.  Our den carpet is quite similar, and I can confirm that we have not had one panda attack since installing it.   ;D

Ace

Oh, they're back.

If I had hardwood I could knock on it.  I probably could have just gone with a brown, black and grey crayon and gotten the same effect.

Ace; and my knees wouldn't hurt, as much.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Well, what you should have done?..,huh?

Actually, it looks real good.
When I took up the linoleum in my kitchen there was a nice fir floor under, so I just refinished that. Saved messing with all the boxes.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Mark H

Quote from: pat on April 18, 2005, 18:27 hrs
Well, what you should have done?..,huh?

Actually, it looks real good.
When I took up the linoleum in my kitchen there was a nice fir floor under, so I just refinished that. Saved messing with all the boxes.

When I took mine up, I found nothing but cheap particle board. I ended up removing it and then put the hardwood on the subfloor since our subfloor is very well constructed of 1x8's. The hardwood goes perpendicular to the joist. Where we put ceramic tile in the entryway and bathrooms, I had to replace particle board with plywood before putting down the ceramic tile backing board.

Mark H

Ace

From what I saw of the wood-like substance underneath the linoleum, I would've done better to replace it with the boxes from the tiles.  But that would've been a whole nother project.  Sorta like "hey, instead of painting the guest bedroom, I think I'll tear the walls out and put in new drywall instead.  And then paint."

I'm gonna have to mow, soon.  I guess I could take a before and after photo of the floor outside.  

Ace; I'm gonna leave that green, though.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Well geez, it's about time. I was all set to do an Ode....

What, one DIY project and your tired for days?

It's bad enough you've been missing your 7am punch-in time, but not show up at all?

Geez. Crikey.

Bill; if I get like that, just don't bother with the feeding tube.  
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Well, criminy, thanks for picking up the ball and dropping it on your dog.  I waited and waited for you to take it, and then Johnny never did show up again.

hold it.  I just lost my plane of thought....

And, Hello, it's 7 AM.  Do you know where your village idiot is?

Ace; this one's right here.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

I didn't see the ball coming, coulda hit me in the head.  

I don't do "floor shows" or stand up comedy either.

What very limited comedy I attempt, is all sitting down.  I ditched the "stand-up desk" years ago in favor of a comfortable chair.  

And, duh, my copy of the poast says "08:00:47 am".

Bill; somewhere DST escaped you.

Ace

Well, Hello, we're in Indiana here.  The Land That Time Forgot.

Duh.

We have a daylight savings bill currently crawling through the State Senate.  It passed the House with some arm twisting.  Our state desires to match with the major markets of Chicago and Michigan and Ohio.  All of the above.

Our local CBS affiliate actually had a reporter state we'd gain an extra hour of daylight, in the morning.  Then that evening another stated we'd gain an extra hour of light at night.  That's a heck of a trick.  Unless we change our clocks every day, at noon....

Don't put it past us to actually attempt that.  Indiana desires to be on the same time as the major markets of Chicago, and Michigan, and Ohio.  All of the above.

Ace; I'll probably wind up losing my dang lunch hour, when they figure it out.
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

I remember when California did a slick time manuever back in the mid-seventies during the energy crunch. If I recall, they moved up to Mountain time with the idea that we'd use less energy at night. Huh?

That stupid move upset the apple cart, as well as everyone else. I remember reporters showing us kids waiting for the bus in the dark, and rush hour traffic with the headlights on. In the summer.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Mark H

Quote from: Ace on April 21, 2005, 10:46 hrs...Ace; I'll probably wind up losing my dang lunch hour, when they figure it out.

If you look like the pig in your avatar, then maybe missing a lunch hour is a good thing.  ;D

Ace

Well, if you resemble your Avatar you should be all set for sunbathing this summer...

Ace; everybody's a wise guy.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Listen here.  You tell the wise folks in Indiana that The Major Market is on EDT. .  Even the folks in Califoolia know that.  The Financial District in San Fran starts work about 4:30 or 5:00 am to keep up with the movers and shakers in NY.

Buncha maroons, eh?  

Bill; avatars don't mean anything.

scuzzy

Aha... the truth comes out. Bill is actually Charles Atlas. Must be a reincarnatation (or however it's spelled), since he dropped dead years ago.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

Oh, yeah, right.  He really looks like his dang avatar.  Like I really resemble a fat pink pig.

Hmm.

ok; hold on a minute.  I gotta..

yeah.  right...  well, that's pretty much... yes.  Huh.

Well, alright.  You are pretty fit.  Yessir.

Ace; dangit....
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Yes, Scuzzy, you are right.

"Bill" is a reincarnation from a former life of sin and evil doings.

Bill; what's not right, the color?

Ace

Well, "Biff", if that's your real name....

I won't even mention how Scuzzy butchered "carnation."  Let alone if we all drove pink ones, we'd have a Pink Carnation.

I'd have to place "reincarnatation" in there with "irregardless" and "empathetic".  As opposed to "empathic."

Color of what?  Your impressive muscle tone?  The sand you've kicked on the innocent, standing by?  The bullying of the San Franciscans, as you impugn their early rising as some feeble attempt to "keep up with the Manhattatans?"

Oh, sure, the pink and soft underbelly of our civilizatiation lies soft, and pink, under your oppressive muscleinity.  Disparage us, for our soft pinknitude.  You musclebound progeny of musculinity.  

It would take far darker glasses than Mahrk's avatar wears to dim the aura of your musculaturitness.  You sand kicking avataratar.

Ace; Scuzzy is not the only one whom can add syllablility to anything he feels like.  If Charles Atlas was alive today, he'd be pretty dang old.  Mendelbaum!
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

Quote from: Ace on April 21, 2005, 11:43 hrs
Well, if you resemble your Avatar you should be all set for sunbathing this summer...

Ace; everybody's a wise guy.

I got a little toasted in Star Wars: Episode III, so I have to wear this special suit to help me live. Instead of sunbathing, I now just use a light saber to provide the heat on others.  ;D We will win and crush the tiny rebellion.

Bill

There is nothing "innocent" about 97lb. weaklings.  They are there to be picked on and kick sand at.  Oz has spoken!  Pay no attention to that little man.. making funny words.

Who are you, MaryKay?  What's with the pink cars?

The people in the Rust Belt, or Corn Belt for that matter, would probably take exception to your description of the "pink and soft underbelly of our civilizatiation."  While the meek may inherit... as long as I'm here...it's mine, with the musculaturitness to make it happen.

Now then, adding syllablility is a cop's prerogative.  They have to make split second decisions- pull the trigger or not, write a ticket or not, Lite-On or NEC.  

The San Franciscans don't have to keep up with the Manhattatans as a class, only the people that make a difference, Milken, Karick and Wachner, for instance.

Bill:  He  is too old to know anything about the 21st century.

Ace

Just keep it up, toughguy. "MaryKay, the Fairy Jester..."  Actually, I'm ok with pink. Even Pink, the performer.  She's aight.  

You know what'd be cool is a sequel to the last Star Wars this year, where Ford Prefect hitchhikes on board the Death Star and they combine Star Wars with The Hitchiker's Guide.  That could have some interesting combinations.

Ace; send in the clones.  Don't bother, they're here here.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Yes we all are.

BillS; I feel a great change in the Force.  Guess the battery needs charging.

Ace

I feel a great change in the stinking Michiana climate.  It's in the 40's, and will remain so.  Except for the 30's, at night.  Of which we have more of, not saving our Daylight.  

You know, the first 3 Star Wars were fine and dandy.  Although that last one had one of those 20 minute "we aren't sure how to end this dang thing" celebratory time killers, like the last Lord of the Rings and that Harry Potter movie did...  And I was in a hopeful mood, with the 1st Prequel...

Until Jar Jar Bling Bling stuck his big ugly computer created beak into the thing.  Geez Louise, bad casting move, George.  That and the feeling about 10% of what was onscreen was real, and the rest created...  I didn't even bother with the Clones.  I hope the next one is back to the original quality, but it seems dated to me to even have a movie now with C3PO and R2D2 (and, no, unlike others I'm sure not about to go with "Seethreepeeo" and "AreTooDeeToo"  Criminy).  

Sorta like a "been there/done that".  Like if Harrison was to try another Indiana Jones movie.  Or Stallone pull together another Rocky.

First, he'd have to pull together whatever that black thing is that died on his head...  Talk about unreal.  

Ace; otherwise, Spring sprang right outta here.
Ring bells for service.

pat

QuoteSpring sprang right outta here.

Indeed, we went from an enchanted magical land to one that's been bewitched with bad juju.

We got about 6 inches of snow last night and it?s about 35 now with cold north winds.

I know, I misspelled juju.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

I think you spelled it fine.  Your fingers are probably chattering from the cold.  Indiana stinks right now with an inch or so of snow (which is melting).  Michigan sure stinks worse.  

I hope you weren't trying to spell jujube, or whatever those beans are.  Or Jujitsu.  Or Jumangi.

Then, I'd say your fingers are innocent and the blame lies elsewhere.

Ace; and somepeople were thinking it was margarita weather.  Right.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Cold weather and big breakfasts =  ER trips

Bill;  hold the cheese.

Ace

Or alka seltzer.  We did have pancakes, but the stuff finally melted during the day yesterday.  No harm, no foul.

Speaking of fowl; I've always found it peculiar that eggs are such a staple of breakfast, but not chicken.  Pork is most prevalent, and you can do steak and eggs, but you just don't see chicken and anything for breakfast.  

I suppose you don't see veal or calimari, either.  Fish doesn't seem to make its way to the breakfast buffet, either.

Ace; probably should rename this "The Food Show."
Ring bells for service.

Bill

You don't see cold pizza on the local diner menu for breakfast either but people eat it for breakfast.   Fido has chicken for breakfast, and dinner too.  But then, he'd also eat anything else.  Darn near had "bunnie" for a midnight snack -he's turned out to be a stealthy, sneaky hunter.   Barking at prey is not his style.

Kippers are a popular breakfast dish and can be prepared in a number of ways - fried, baked, poached or grilled.  They are a meal in themselves and need no accompaniment other than bread and butter and maybe a pint.

Bill;  you could do your own show - "Ace Live"  "The Fool's Gourmet"