• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Microsoft blue screen of death

Started by LugwidVanB, August 24, 2009, 13:10 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

LugwidVanB

I'm getting crashed again which I posted here earlier ('computer crashes' or something to that effect). It has returned, starting a week ago as a a full screen message with blue background. It indicates a driver problem, referring to a "corrupted driver' and to 'try enabling special pool so the offending driver can be identified'. I went to ms site and enabled this special pool thing which it said comes with the os and it gave instructions. Two drivers came up on a list and I installed the program. It indicated it would monitor them. This a.m. the computer went into boot but when it got to the xp loading screen it shut down and rebooted, over and over again. There was a very brief message at the top on the same kind of screen that said something like: IO system verification error. Atlan-----.svr. Driver error 21'. It was going by so fast it took several reboots to get just that much.

I went into safe mode and ran system restore to about a week ago and its booting normailly now. But will the death screen return? Would it be a good idea to try to update all recent driver installations using xp? Thanks for any input.

Tom

Bill

Tom,
Anything flagged in Device Manager?  Do you know what the two drivers were that XP was going to 'monitor'?  If so I would just update then for starters.

Bill

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

LugwidVanB

Thanks Bill. I didn't write down the two drivers but they looked strange. I found a blog on this subject and it sounds like you are playing with death to start messing around with this. Some said the verifier.exe program only made things worse. Some said you may need to roll back a driver instead of updating it but no one knows which to do. Hit and miss. Microtorture has the last laugh again. I guess in the end if it keeps coming back I will reinstall xp.

Every day I get down on my knees and pray that Google or someone will finally give ms some stiff competition. Monopoly breeds arrogance, greed and incompetence.

Tom

Bill

"I guess in the end if it keeps coming back I will reinstall xp."  And to your other poast, this is exactly a situation where having partitions is useful.  If you reinstall, you only have to format the C drive, leaving everything else alone.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

LugwidVanB

Yes, Bill I keep that in mind. I will be forever grateful for you all's invaluable assistance on that.

Tom