• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

PHP tutorial for newbies

Started by Red Squirrel, November 11, 2003, 22:30 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Squirrel

Here's an article I put together which made it on big tech sites such as [H]ardOCP, tech-report etc... (sent to about 100 tech sites big and small)

Anyway, here it is:

http://www.iceteks.com/articles/db.php/act/view/cat/general/article/php/p/1

AT over 4000 hits it is currently my most popular article. :D

Neon

Yep, I saw the blurb on [H] and raced over to read it. Thanks for the intro to php, it helped me to understand what php is and how it works.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Red Squirrel

Cool, yeah it made it big on [H], I got like at least 3000 hits from them alone.  More then warp2search gave me on my hard drive article.  

I think I'll write a part to on data management, I'll talk about file databases and might also get into mysql databases to show two ways to store data and in what case one is better then the other etc... I think it could be interesting.

trav

thats cool Red! thanks for the tuorial
ill bookmark it :)
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

mun

Hi Red..,

Thanks for the info, do you have one for .ASP?

Simon

Red Squirrel

No, I don't know .asp myself, and don't plan to learn it.  I assume it's probably similar to php though.