• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

no previous searches

Started by ahopeter, December 20, 2003, 00:45 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ahopeter

when i search for stuff on the net, i use the "file" then "open" bar but when i type my search it gives me a list of previous searches that start out the same way.  is there anywway to turn this off?
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

Mark H

Go to tools, internet options, the content tab and click on the autocomplete tab. Uncheck the box labels "Web Addresses" and it won't remember those. Also, you can hit the "clear forms" box to clear the current ones from memory.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

ahopeter

thanks! "user names and passwords on forms" is checked in the autocomplete section...what does that do?
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

Mark H

That allows internet explorer to store user names and passwords so you don't have to type them all the time.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

ahopeter

Mark H...thanks...again. youre turning out to be the best computer friend ive ever had!