• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

OFFICE SPACED

Started by Ace, April 23, 2008, 14:58 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

I'd never seen Office Space; bought it awhile back and finally watched it over the weekend.  I don't remember what we had for dinner, though.  It might have been ribeyes that night; they were a little overcooked.

Boy, and so is the language in this laughfest.  Mostly from white office workers who play gangstarap really loud, and sing song along.  I mean, that stuff is pretty rude.  So that ups the obscenity quotient big-time.

Otherwise, It's a pretty funny take on cubicle life.  Having lived in one, I can relate.  It must have been Jennifer Aniston's first movie role, as her nose looked like the original.  And some funny people I've seen other places, after.  A funny, silly plot that twists.  Plus meaning of life, if you think you'd find it in your partitions.  I never have.

I got the Unrated Director's Cut Beowulf, and Across the Universe, this week.  Both seemed to appeal to me.  I guess animated carnage, set to Beatles tunes, would be perfection.

Ace; Cirque de Soleil should have sword fights while they swing in the air...
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

I watched Office Space a few months ago and I thought it was great. I also spent several years living in a cubicle in Corporate America, so I could easily appreciate the humor. I somehow connected with the nerd and his stapler.

I'm also a big fan of Dilbert, as I don't think anyone has office life figured out better than Scott Adams.

Scuzzy; I, myself, have nothing figured out.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

pat

I sort of feel at a lose here, I've never worked in a cube. I've been in some tight places, in, on and under houses but never in a cube. There was the time way back when I was in retail that I had that office. Wasn't exactly a cube, more like a rectangle, but it was just me for the most part. I didn't get the benefit of any inter-office socialization.

Still though, I'll try and look this up and give it a spin. 
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64