• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Sweeney Todd

Started by pat, December 26, 2007, 15:40 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

Went to see this last weekend and am still not sure exactly what to think. Sure, strange things are bound to happen when Burton and Depp get together, but this is beyond anything I ever expected. I'm not saying it was a bad movie, in fact, I rather enjoyed it. It's a musical on the one hand and a rather dark, disturbing, blackest of black comedies on the other.

I hesitate to get to much into it for fear of giving anything away, but be warned, this is not a movie you'd want to take the kiddies to.

This is like Edward Scissorhands goes on a berserker rampage.   

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Well, let me tell you what to think.  You liked it; you really really liked it.  Sure, it's dark..  really really dark.  A nice dark black musical comedy.  "Bloody Good" as some British guy would say, if he was here to say it.  I hear Johnny Depp sails from Australia and uses sharp implements and it's about murder and mayhem and ripping in London and if he wears a funny hat and looks out a secret window then

then I guess it's pretty much all the movies he's made.  If these guys are headless, and there's a horse, then there ya go. 

Ace; I guess White Christmas is a white comedy.  Really white.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Yeah, they also had a store that sold meat pies, I'll leave it to your imagination as to where the meat came from.

But it wasn't pork, it was that other white meat.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64