• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Page Numbering In Microsoft Word 2007

Started by corndale, December 07, 2008, 20:35 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

corndale

I created a paper in WordPerfect in 1995.  I must now reprint the paper, and I currently have Microsoft Word 2007.  The cover page, preface and contents pages are not numbered.   The page after the contents page begins the numbering sequence in the original document as page 1.  However, when I opened the document in Word 2007, this initial page is numbered 2 at the bottom instead of 1.  All other pages are numbered 3, 4, 5, etc.  I have tried several times to correct this, including removing the page numbers, and inserting page numbers again, with the same result of the numbering sequence beginning at 2.  I could not find anything in Help which would allow me to "force" the initial page to be numbered as 1.  I no longer have WordPerfect and do not want to purchase it for this task.  Can anyone suggest a remedy?

Mark H

You have to go to the "bullets and numbering" section and customise the format to start with the number 2. This is how it works in Word 2003 and it should be similar to Word 2007.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.