• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by Joanie, September 20, 2001, 15:32 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanie

Hey patman,

That is just too close to home. I wonder how many of them are hiding in my little town. I am less than an hour away from the 29 Palms Marine Base.

Joanie

http://www.poasters.com/images/rahrahsm.gif  " border=0>

Ace

Maybe Terry & Mo McFadden will catch him...

You know, I hope this isn't all due to the Rainbow Farm aftermath...

ace; he's not quite in Michigan. But he is in Michiana.

Ring bells for service.

pat

Yep, pretty crazy. I doubt that, that fellow actually lived around here. We are a small village surrounded by bigger towns. It was most likely an easy place to stop.  

I don?t have to many Middle Eastern friends. I do have a friend who came to this country from Turkey, he being Kurdish, came here to flee oppression in his country. I just hope we can all remember, that we all came here from someplace else and not to judge others simply by their color, accent or religion.  

Pat

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

pat

Hey Ace,

We must have been poasting at the same time the other day, I missed your

poast. I don't know about those rainbow farm guys, it ain't to smart to point a rifle at one of those fbi guys. No, not smart at all.

Hey that MO is ok, and Terry makes a pretty good straight man. My favorite is Mike Hoffman, he is so "Home Grown", I like that commercial that shows him as a little boy looking out the window worrying about the weather, and hey the way he brags on that super dopler radar, you would think it's the only one in the contry. You gotta love him.

Edited by - patman on Sep 22 2001  5:02:39 PM
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Karen

Well, this time the threat is from my neck of the woods.  I'm shocked and saddened to say the least.

http://www.sptimes.com/News/101201/TampaBay/FBI__Letters_to_NBC__.shtml

Let's all hope the people behind these senseless, cruel acts are swiftly brought to justice.  

Karen

I'm at that awkward stage...somewhere between the young and the restless, and the old and the senseless.   ;)

pat

Yep, not only senseless and cruel but also downright cowardly. I guess the only thing we can do is be on watch for things that look out of context and at the very least discuss them with your friends that you know and trust.

I am sure that whoever is sending out these letters is going to be caught.

Ace

I'm going with my original prediction: Scuzzy.

No, not him; the dang cat.

Cats will do most anything, and they're self centered and egocentric and obtuse and do whatever the heck the want whenever. And shoot, they don't even have the decency of a dog to go do it outside; you got to make arrangements for a little Afghanistan box right there in your house, with dirt and piles of stuff sitting around then. Blech.

So; it was more than likely a cat. And that would explain that lack of sense stuff, right there.

Or, hey; anthrax comes from the ground anyway and cows catch it; could be a mad cow out there. Probably got tipped one night, got all worked up about it, going on a rampage. Well, cowpage. Whatever they do when they get upset. Besides upset by tipping. After.

I gotta figure the Afghans own dogs, if anything, since the hounds are named for that. Just not having cats would make them more sympathetic, too.

I've gotten some really bad paper cuts, so I know personally how dangerous letters can be.  Let alone bills; man, those can hurt.

I did figure out why they didn't go after Dan Rather.. Gotta be the hair.

That'd scare away anybody.  I mean, he gives me the willies anymore. Especially the flat top thing. Yow. I used to have one of those; last time was fourth grade. Which was really dumb; Beatles were just rolling, hair was growing, here I chop it down for the summer do, with the wax stick.  Stupid stupid stupid.

Only way now I could do a flat top would be to stand on my head... or walk around with a heavy book, like folks used to for better posture. That might take the curve out.  I don't know if I'd wanna risk the "hey, flat head" remarks, though.  Although I get enough "hey, fat head" now so really, what's it matter.

Ace; What's the matter with him.

Ring bells for service.

Ace

Well, ya'll better sit down.

ok.

Well, I was right.

I was going through some old emails, to save them over before I deleted them, and sure enough, there's this one from Scuzzy somebody and the dang thing had white powder all over it.  

Stuff got all over the Quantex... Shoot, the Mag is sitting in this white cloud.

Not to mention the keyboard, so I won't.  And I thought the trackball was getting gritty before this.. geez.

I tell ya, it's got me worried.  First thing I did was sniff it; it didn't smell bad at all.  Sort've nice.  But I gotta think that's not a good scientific way to test for anthrax or botulism or whatever.  Got some on a cut on my hand, but that didn't do much of anything as yet either.  Stuff's pretty smooth, actually. Doesn't taste like much of anything, either.

I have to think this could be the real deal... real high-risk terrorist methodoligies at work.  Think it wasn't showing a 'copy' to NBC or anything. I oughta check if it was forwarded or anything.  Well, except to my hotmail account... I send stuff there, just in case the earthlink link breaks so I can still read old news.

Gosh, I hope I don't get sick from this.  And I don't know if it'd be one of those airborne or land-based germs, if that is what it is.  I sorta tried to scoop some and throw it up in the air, but it still smelled the same. Just spread around more... Maybe I ought turn the ceiling fan on and try to disperse it.. yeah. Hold on.

Hey, hold it.

What's that on the floor by the hard drive.. shoot; is that a bomb thingy or something?$(#@@!

Dangit. DAngit, that dang cat.. did he..?

Oh, hold on. Never mind. Just my shower-to-shower powder I put on the back of the computer shelf after I showered and didn't have time to dry off that much but I wanted to surf so I figured that'd soak up some drops and...

was on the back of the computer.. ok. hold on; ok.

Well.  Never mind. Ok, then. That might just be the solution to the mystery.  Heh.

Ok. As you were.  HOld my thought.. I'll be back in awhile, as soon as I go grab the electric broom.  Shoot.

Dangit.

Ace; he's a mess.

Ring bells for service.

pat

Holy Cow Ace, I?m afraid you?re starting to run amok. You?re seeing mad cows when all you used to be concerned with was the extinction of the cuddly little black and whites. This whole powder thing has you ready to take one. Here read this if you want something to worry about:

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a990416.html

Ace

I'm not running anywhere; it's too dang wet outside. Been raining ever since the ND game Saturday, pretty much. What a deluge.. no, not points by the offense. Same coaches still there.

You don't have to tell me about spewing founts of filth from toilets. At least downstairs.

We're in a tri-level, with the lower level bath sub-ground (window's right at ground level, which allows me to look out and gaze upon the squirrels and occasional ground hog.

For the first few years of living here we would have sewer backups through that toilet. From the city sewer. Full monty flood.  Heavy sudden rain or ongoing hard rain (yes; hard rain. See "Bob Dylan") would cause the storm sewer and sewer sewer blend to back up, eventually entering into homes in our area. We're on the Eastern point of town, and so the highest (shallowest) pipeline.  Shut off was from a basement turn-screw drain. Have a flap in the line but it's easily displaced. Only way to stop the back flow is about 35 turns to physically shut her down.

Which; naturally would prevent outgoing water as well, since there then was no such thing. Leaving for the weekend necessitated shutting down the line... We actually had floods from dripping faucets/toilets!  Enough, over time, to come back and liquefy the downstairs rec room and bath. Yech. Blub. At least that water was relatively clean... and naturally, turn off the softener in case it would cycle.. criminy.

I would put little handle-protectors on the toilets, to remind us "Don't Flush!".  Of course, knowing me, I shut down the drain one morning during rains and I'm standing there doing something women wouldn't and I'm yelling up to my wife "Don't Flush!" and wouldn't you know it, force of habit, I flip the handle and watch the swirl rising UPWARD and, you know, there's not much one can do right then; couldn't open the outlet due to incoming wait line and couldn't stop the swirly... geez louise.  What a maroon.

Eventually organized the neighborhood, got the city to run a separate storm system so the sewer sewer is its own world.  Haven't backed up since.

So appreciate the article. My Bro-in-law works for the water dept. as a T-Herder at the sanitation works, so he sees the cleansing of toilet stuff daily.

Hey, here's a dilemma for our readers; you've got a sponge in the bathroom that you use on the sink, and to wipe down the toilet seat on occasion. So which do you clean first?

Ace: he's been there and done that. You cannot imagine how many shop vac tanks of water it takes to remove standing water in a room, let alone the carpet after...

Ring bells for service.

pat

Our small town made the news last night.

http://www.wndu.com/news/092001/news_9818.php

I guess these guys could be anywhere.

Pat