• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo 7820 .. running hot ?

Started by Anduin, May 20, 2003, 06:44 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Anduin

Just a quick question....

Reading the reports about the maximum temperatures for processors kinda worried me.....

I have just recently purchased this laptop (bleedin lovely by the way .. very very fast) and found out it had a desktop processor in it, not the usual p4m or anything....

Now i noticed that the space where the blower is expels some very hot air .. and i do mean quite hot.. very warm if blowing on your skin :)

This is kinda concerning, ... i know i got a 2 year warranty on this puppy, but thats still not a nice thought if you know what i mean??

I suppose  Fuji-Siemens already thought of this when they designed it... but you never really know ;-)

Which brings me to my question,,, as i have not found any temperature monitor in the bios.... does anyone know of any software that 'may' give me an approximate running temperature of this thing ?

Last thing i want is for the processor to burn and the manufacturer to claim i have OC'd my lappy to death.

Thanks for any advise on this.

Anduin

pat

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Anduin

:)
Thanks for the link ... am downloading the file as i type this, Will post to let other people know if this soft works with the Amilo 7820 :)

Thanks again.. appreciated.

Anduin

Anduin

ok seems i dont have many sensors in this lappy ... hmmm

Sensor 1 (only available) is giving me a constant 52 Degree's Centigrade. .. seems no matter how hard i push the lappy  - it just wont get any higher... which is nice ;-)

Apparently i am ok up until about 70 Degree's so it seems pretty safe, ... i can just let the lappy do its thing now and not worry about it all the time.. woohoo :)

Thanks again for the link Pat, was appreciated.

pat

Glad it worked out for you.
I know where you coming from, one of my daughters has a Thinkpad with a Celeron in it, it gets so hot on the bottom you don?t keep it in your lap for long.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Anduin

Hmm .. the fear strikes again .......

I noticed that 52C was when the lappy was running on batteries only.
Now when its running from AC it runs a lot faster .. uhoh *fear* ...

I havent dared to try getting 100% CPU when its plugged in yet .. i am just soooo sure it will pop on me.

Anybody know, if it fries can i abuse the manufacturer or will they claim i have overclocked it to death? (i havent clocked it one bit though .. but how would i ever prove this)

Chandler

I've got a laptop with a 1.2GHz Celeron processor in it, and that is usually at around 52 degrees C too.

Desktop processors simply do not suit the tiny laptop cases well.