• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Yamaha CRW-F1 CD-RW Drive

Started by Neon, October 08, 2002, 12:35 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

dcsun

My review of this drive in one word: WOW!

It's your basic ide cd-rw drive with all the features you'd expect, but with some interesting twists.  It operates at a blazing 44x read/44x write/22x re-write, and amazingly enough wrote a data cd for me just fine at 44x on a 32x max cd-r disc (Memorex Platinum 700Mb -- around $1 each)!  The full cd took about 2.5 minutes to write and another minute or two to verify the disc contents.

It also has some really neat features that sealed the deal for me.  It has an underburn protection technology that other reviewers have been quite impressed with, as well as something called T@2 (pronounced tattoo), that allows you to burn a custom image in the unused portion of the disc (hard to describe -- have a look here: http://www.yamaha.ca/computer/cp_disct2.asp)!

The drive comes with Nero 5, an ide cable, screws, blank cd-r and cd-rw discs, as well as some fairly detailed instructions.  It installed without any problems (this was expected, since it doesn't need any drivers).  The cost was CDN$229 plus tax, so probably in the US$175-250 range.

Dave

DISCUSS HERE