• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Rack mount case PSU...

Started by poast78, February 11, 2003, 03:39 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

poast78

Hola, amigos.

Yep, I'm still at it, even still, again.  After thinking about it for a long enough time, I've decided to go for a 19" rack mount case, so I can take my gear on the road.  I'm planning on the Ever Case ECR9400.  It has exactly what I need, as far as I can tell.  Here's something that I'm thoroughly confused on, though; what's the deal with the PSU?  It says I need a "PS/2 or PS/2 type mini-redundant power supply".  Well, I was hoping to use a True430, but that now seems to be quite impossible.  I have no idea what to do here.  This will be for the studio, and I'll have a number of PCI cards running off of the main supply, and will often be recording with the machine in the same room, so I need something over 400W and quiet.
E-mailing a few companies has produced nothing.  Bleh!
A guy I've spoken with says he's using a quiet Enermax 431W PSU with this case, but looking at their site revealed no such PS/2 supply.  I've asked him about it, and he's not answering. :-(
I would be happy with something from that company, however.

Thanks for any help.
Don't eat that.

query

Contact the case manufacturer for the specifications for the power supply - particularly the physical dimensions.  Then choose a mainboard for the unit to make sure the connectors are compatible (i.e., not all server-class boards use standard ATX connectors).

poast78

I contacted them a week ago.  They say that everything I have will work fine with the case, and all they would tell me about the PSU is "we make some".  Their's are useless, and they're not being very helpful otherwise.
Don't eat that.