• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Sound card hook up question

Started by ingeborgdot, January 10, 2010, 17:05 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ingeborgdot

Ok, here it goes.  I will try to explain the crazy setup as best I can.  For a school television setup they have a computer that runs a software that controls ads, games, music etc.  It has the cable that runs back to the video card.  That is cut and dried and a pretty easy setup.  My problem is for the sound.  They have 2 wires coming out of the wall (red and black along with white and green, white and green are cut back).  I am trying to hook up to these two bare wires that come out of the wall.  The only thing I can do right now is to take cable that has a sound plug on the one end a splits into two cables and trim to bare wires on both.  It works but the problem is when I connect them both the sound gets real muddy.  When I disconnect one (it does not matter which one) the sound clears up and is fine.  The problem is that it is now only playing out of one speaker on televisions when I do this?  What do I need to do to get it to work correctly.  Are there any connectors that will work for this?  Help.  thanks.
Antec P182, Abit IP35 Pro, Q6600, 4GB Crucial Ballistix, Leadtek Winfast PX7900GSTDH, P & C silencer quad 750 watt, 3-Seagate Sata 500, HT Omega Claro, Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 THX, Digital Doc 5+, 2 Samsung SATA DVD burners, Canopus ADVC50,Vista Ultimate Retail 64 Bit, Vista rating 5.9