• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

WHAT THE SAMHAIN?!

Started by Ace, October 13, 2006, 08:44 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Ok; first, quit changing the dang name of this chain because that just confuses people.

Second, I don't know if you've ever seen a "Giant" Panda.  They are NOT giant.  They are not even the size of a large dog... Maybe a Medium dog, or ML.  So you were heading in the right direction with the "tiny" reference.

Plymouth Rock is also not large; it's barely Boulder size.  And how they ever located the thing, in the bottom of a pit, is beyond me.

I don't know why a panda would have hubcaps.  It's not like one's going to go tearing down the highway.  Usually they move slowly, if at all.  And fall over after a few steps anyway.  Unless they're trying to mate, at which point they fall over immediately.  Down a hill, if still in the wild.

I hope there are no further references to panda flesh.  I think it's loathsome and disgusting enough just to envision the stinking greasy fur, without delving deeper.

Ace; if there were aquatic pandas they'd sink, and stink.
Ring bells for service.

pat

I?m sure it doesn?t confuse everyone, just some people. I won?t point any fingers, especially south and east just a little bit.

I?ve never had the opportunity to see a panda in the flesh, up close and alive. It must truly be a horrible experience. I shudder at the thought.

Sure was cold today, not only that, I missed a step and turned my ankle. Stupid cold wind that blows sand in your eyes anyway.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Well, P.T. Barnum said you can confuse some of the people some of the time.  Then he invented the boat named after himself, which JFK fell off of and wrote a book about.

Bailey remained silent, apparently.

Sorry to hear about your ankle.  My gout acted up a bit in my toe today, too.  toetodaytoo.  Say that 3 times fast...  You know, we should limp into Hacienda and have a bracing frozen margarita and then run around outside in the cold until we get a freeze headache.  Well, if we could run.

Ace; now I feel even colder.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Ok, so let me get my head around this. You want to go the Hacienda, have a frozen margarita or two, or several. So far, so good. Then go out in the parking lot and have me chase you around?

Sure, I?m game.

Yes indeed it was the right one. I always lead with the left though. Anyway it only hurts when I walk or stand or think about walking or standing.

So what about Ford poasting that 5.8 billion 3 qtr loss? Geez, maybe those guys should think about making Toyotas.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Bill

It might make more sense if Toyota made Fords.......

Oh, and BTW, generally one falls out of a boat.

Bailey was silent, he was passed out.

Bill; I like my coffee Scottish.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Well, anything would be an improvement over Ford making Fords.   I saw they're coming out with a new SUV Based On A Car.  That oughta save the world.  I don't know why people aren't buying Mustangs; mine used to be fun in the snow.  Unless you wanted to go forward instead of sideways.

My toe cleared up, so I don't think you could catch me now.  Unless I fall on the stupid lake effect grass.

You fall off if you're on top of it.  And there were Barracudas around, and that was not a particularly good car either.  I did see the Hemi Under Glass at a dragstrip, which had been a Barracuda.  

Also the Little Red Wagon, which was one of those Ford pickups with the little cab way out in front.  It'd do a wheely just getting in it.

Ace; what the heck did the "P.T." stand for?  Wonder if he had a stupid first AND middle name, and just gave up..
Ring bells for service.

Bill

If you had 'Phineas' for a first name. you'd probably use initials too, like A.

B.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

If my name was "Phineas" why the heck would I go with the initial "A"...?  I might as well pick the "E" or the "H", or even a part like "Hin".  Like Bennie Hinn.  Or Benihana.

If his "T" was for Tom he coulda just gone with that...  I don't go with "A", since that looks like I was going to start a list and then just left..

A:  

see? I remember Kentucky Chuck, at Purdue, came back to the residence and said he just took a tough test and that "The answers were A, B, or Two."
Ring bells for service.

Bill

"If his "T" was for Tom he coulda just gone with that...," but it wasn't.

"If my name was "Phineas" why the heck would I go with the initial "A"...?," because if your name was something as simple as Tom or, say, Bob, you'd use the "O".  Jesters are always a little strange.

Bill; seems I've heard that somewhere before.

pat

Oh, his name is probably something simple like, Chuck. Or maybe Chucky.
Yeah I like Chucky, has a nice ring to it.

I don?t think it?s so much that jesters are strange. I think it?s more like they have a special kind of spatial genius that type of work requires. Oh sure, we can try to understand the hopes and foibles, its jargon and techniques, but I have no illusions. Being a jester is just plain hard work and we must forgive ourselves if at times we can?t follow along with the subtle nuance.

Bill

"Chunky Chucky" has an even nicer ring.

"subtle nuance" is good too but that translates to just plain obscure for me.

Bill; wha'd he say?

Ace

Yes, I take up space but it's not very nice to point that out.

"Chucky" is ok as long as your last name isn't "Cheese."  Boy, you'd stand alone then.

I've tried allusions, but usually nobody gets it and I give up.  

E:  I suppose I'll attempt an overt nuance next time.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Or Two or however many of those weird wired sequels they made. Not that I?d ever try and imagine the allusion you?re alluded to.

Ace

I had to mention, being All Saints Eve Holyday, that Murphy put up his Abomination again this year.  The Giant Evil Pumpkin with Black Cat mounted on top.

He had it inflated in the high winds of Sunday; yesterday he decided to fertilize his yard and got the spreader tangled up in the ropes holding it.. It's been flattened out in the yard since.

This is the night we skip being at home during the hours of Trick or Treating, since I have no desire to bounce up and down from the couch passing out non nutritious substances out my front door to passersby.  With the time change it will be appreciably darker at 5:00-7:00 than it has been, and with the Michiana bi-hourly climactic shift it will have dropped 20 degrees or so by then too.  That oughta put a chill if not a damper on the little miscreants panhandling.

Ace; I think it stinks that you can't adopt a black cat from the shelter on Halloween... What the heck are you gonna do with one of them AFTER today??!
Ring bells for service.