• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by scuzzy, November 23, 2000, 16:48 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

The pps extension is for "Power Point Slide". These are self-executing slide presentations that people often use to show off a series of photos that often includes text and titles. I'm not sure if you have to have Power Point installed, but you may need to. I do have Power Point on all my computers, so the files always execute without problems. - SCUZZY

Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Bubba

thanks Scuzzy,,,,

I did a search for some kind of PPS reader,,, Tucows had one for a Mac,, and then some PPs "add-ons" I think,, but I did not see anything that looked like what I needed... My mother-in-law's new Dell will not read .pps either,, and I have not had time to really screw that up yet,, so I do not think this lack-of-read-problemm is my doing ???  What do I have to do to be able to read .pps files ?

Like Grandpa used to say, "maybe there ain't nothin' wrong, but, somethin' aint' right."

n/a

Hey, Bubba. I've had the same problem--my wife does Power Point presentations at work, but since I have only the Small Business Edition of MS Office (without Power Point) installed on my Q, I can't open her .pps attachments. You can change the file extension to .jpg or .gif, but then you can only open one frame of the slide show in that format, which doesn't help much, though it gives you an idea what the presentation is about.

What you can do is install the Professional Editon of MS Office 97 or 98, which includes Power Point. You can find a more complete version of Office available on eBay for around twenty bucks.

Bear

-Learning as fast I can-

Bubba

well,, it isn't such a big deal,, just annoying,,,  I think my wife is sending me some "woosie" stuff anyway,,,, she is trying to soften me up for a take-over,,,, I like being an animal,,,so I may just let it slide,,, Thanks for the info ,,,,

Like Grandpa used to say, "maybe there ain't nothin' wrong, but, somethin' aint' right."

Pete

Ho Bubba,

Don't know if this will help any but you can get a Power point Viewer here or from MS download site.

HTH,Pete

http://www.rocketdownload.com/Details/Grap/ppview97.htm

Pete
Pete

Bubba

cool,,,,,,,, thanks Pete

greg,,,,,,

obiwan

I think if you change the extension to .ppt, you can open the files one at a time and use other viewers to view the slides one at a time

Joanie

PP,

You know what those PPS attachments stand for don't you????????? Just in case you don't, think "PPSwan.ext

Joanie (being silly)

quote:

Ho Bubba,

Don't know if this will help any but you can get a Power point Viewer here or from MS download site.

HTH,Pete

http://www.rocketdownload.com/Details/Grap/ppview97.htm

Pete

Bubba

I get sent these attachments with the   .pps  extension,,, I can not open them,, I have a bunch of viewers,, [ I am told theses are phots and or images ] and I use Irfan View as my default viewer,, worked better than the Windows one,, but nothing I have seems to open these files,, any ideas ?