• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Canon CanoScan N670U

Started by scuzzy, September 13, 2001, 19:37 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Without going into all the details, I went back to Windows 2000 Pro for various reasons. However, I could not get my wife's Visioneer 8100 to work. Downloaded the Win2K driver and working with Tech support turned out to be a total waste of time. I have no intention of ever returning to Win98, so I ran out and bought a new CanoScan N67U from BestBuy for $99.99.

Wow. This is one simple, easy to use, nice scanner. It's small, sets up in a snap, and only uses the supplied USB cable. That's it; no power cord. The quality of the scan is great, and the speed is acceptable. Not a barn burner, but acceptable. It's also a very small scanner, standing only 1" high, and not much bigger than an average notebook computer.

So far, I'm pleased. I bought PaperPort Deluxe 7 to use with it (we're used to PaperPort, we like it, and we already have hundreds of scans in that format), and it works flawlessly. I haven't worked much with the software that came with the scanner, but it seems simple enough. However, I'm certain we'll stick with PaperPort.

http://www.poasters.com/images/scuzzy.gif" border=0>

Alex Garcia
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor