• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Make The English Language Dance

Started by LinS, June 19, 2005, 21:21 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Ok, look; I can accept the fact that LinS creates better and funnier and more creative and cleverer(er) signs than me.  But when Fido comes up with better material, that's the last straw in the milkshake, you know?!

ACe; I quit.  And not just because it's lunchtime, somewhere.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Ok, look.  I talked to Fido about this.   He says that it likely won't happen again.  It was a momentary flash of creativity, while he was hungry.
And, he doesn't particularly like milkshakes for lunch.

The keeper
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Well, it's not like I'm going to experience the epiphany of the flash of inspiration of brilliance like I did, there, either.  It is probably just a one-time thing.  If that.

I bet next time he's hungry he's right back on top of his game.  I don't have that advantage, of my gut ruling my brain.  My gut rules my entire existence...  My brain pretty much sits by the side of the road, and decides what socks I wear.

ace; actually, right now I'm in sandals so I'm not wearing any.  My brain took the night off.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

And all this time I thought you were in Michiana,  Something new everyday.

Be careful:

http://tinyurl.com/chp6x

TGIF

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

That's gotta hurt.  I've worn gloves on the wrong feet before.  Good thing my socks are bi-pedal.  Neither left, or right.

Ace; although some are just wrong; especially with sandals.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

That's interesting.  I thought Socks was a Democrat.   Which would place him neither right or left, simply in another space.

Kudos to all the LinS.  This, their first major contribution, now ranks 8th in the top 10.

Bill

Ace

You just wanted to write "Kudos" after Scuzzy mispelled it... pretty sneaky.

I commend the LinS too, and the JimS, for having the guts to stomach one another.  Unless that belongs in the "animal parts we shouldn't eat" poast.

Ace; it's ok to eat animals, since they're made of meat.
Ring bells for service.

LinS

Ace, I must ask you something.  Why would JimS need guts to stomach LinS? We're a nice, fun, relatively amusing lot. (I don't know what our relatives have to do with this.)

LinS; Anything you kudo, I kudo better.

Bill

Oh, no.  You've gone and done it now.  The Wrath of the LinS seems arisin' - with a challenge no less.  You're in for it now.

Glad I'm not gonna be in the way.

Bill

Ace

Take the dog out for a walk... this is gonna get ugly.

Ok; probably I'm gonna get ugly.  Gimme a second.

Look, "LinS" (if that's your real names...); let me point out something, even though I have on a cap...  You all might feel you're a fun nice amusing lot, but so did the Vandals as they spray painted Hannibal's elephants, you know?!  I mean, it's why you don't see many 4th graders named "Attila" anymore...

I don't know what's relative to that; I was just talking metaphysically.  More meta, than physically.  

Bill, you might think you're not culpable, but I beg to differ.  Heck, I beg not to get a traffic ticket and beg for a little affection from the people in my life...  Not the squirrels, though.  They're nice enough, but I don't trust that look in their eye.  It's like they want something, from me.

Ace; little Miss Muffet was in the whey.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

If you listen to the college professors(s) we have lots of "Attilas" running around, and it's all their parents fault.  None was theirs.

You can never judge a book by it's plain brown wrapper.  'Bout the same relevance as painting elephants.    Besides, they're not valdals, they're artists, looking for a canvas for they're expression of self.

Bring it on, I like whey.

Bill

Ace

"Whey."
"No whey."
said the teenagers.

You know, it's Saturday, so I'm just gonna let the "valdals" thing go...  I'm sure not getting this Harry Potter book craze thing, either.  Or a book craze, in general.  Books do not offer immediate excitement nor fulfillment.  Even if you really enjoy the things, you're not gonna get a sense of accomplishment quickly with one.  Unless seeing the opening chapter is enough, for you.  I'd compare that to someone excited about a movie, but being satisfied with the opening credits.  Or trailer.

A movie could satisfy your lust in a couple hours.  Same with a CD.  But a book takes time... so what's the big deal about waiting in line, and being the first on your block, to:  read a little bit of it, today?  Unless the addict has to read the WHOLE THING in one sitting, and then is that really that enjoyable?  Worthwhile?  It'd be like waiting for the entire first season of "24", and then sitting down and watching it nonstop.  Crikeycriminy.

I love seeing these 5 year olds dressed up like Harry; yeah, they'll be sitting down with that tome today...

Ace; can you say "Trekkies"?
Ring bells for service.

Bill

No, but I can spell "potties."   Or is it "pottys,"   Whatever.

I'm glad it was Saturday.  Whey.

Ace

I like that: "Pottys."  Or Potterheads.

ACe; I think the next one in the series has Harry leave Dumbledork and become a Jedi.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Gonna be titled "Harry meets Yoda, Love at First Sight."
"I'll have what he had."

Ace

My head is spinning.  I don't EVER remember seeing #13.  That one made my teeth hurt.

Ace; those, and caffeine, can really get you going.  Danke, Ja.
Ring bells for service.

Ace

It could be worse; I could have done like Bill and gone with "mule."

Ace; yes, I know what I am.  As long as it isn't the dumb one.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Better mule than "hoti".    Apologies to Funky.

Bill; speaking of hot.

Ace

Funky is in Afghanistan.  I am NOT going there...  

I don't even play poker.

Boy howdy, is it hot.  Yesterday was as stiflingly stinking hot as any day, ever.  The extra helping of humidity made it suffocating.  Well, not inside with the air on, but outside.  We sat out and watched the lightning bugs, and it was still around 90.  That's just stupid hot.

You wonder why there isn't thunder from those things....

You know, we saw one light (heh) on one of the solar lamps; I bet he was thinking "Geez Louise, you've got a big ___."

So, did JA throw out these many and sundry sayings out the top of his head, after which it imploded?  I thought a Lexophile liked expensive Japanese cars.  Or Superman's nemesis, Luther.  Luthor?  I don't know, I don't read the books.

Ace; if cows are vegetarian, then isn't beef vegetarian?

Ring bells for service.

Ace

Well, thank goodness you're ok.

Thanks, Goodness.

Thanks to Nikki Ann, too.  Maybe she and LinS could team up with a story problem.  I think everything is original if you made it up, no matter where you stole it from.  I think possession is 9/10ths of the law.  

Well, in "The Exorcist" possession was probably 11/10ths.  I wonder if Linda Blair got possessed after she was cleared...

I guess that would mean she was Repossessed.

And if cows are actually vegetables, and we eat cows, then we're vegetables...!

ace; my diet suddenly got really healthy.  And they say carbs are bad...
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Carbs went out with the Studebakers.  Fuel injection has been around for decades, where you been?  'Course they were bad,  not very efficiient and often got things sucked down the throat.  Kinda like a Black Hole, stuff went in, never to be seen again.  

Geez, would that make the priest a Repo man?  

If cows are vegetables, chips are a good alternative to fossel fuel.  
Next on the new car scene will be a new hybrid.  Watch for it in September.

Bill

Ace

Au Contraire, Mon Frere!  
I happen to know that the State of The Art Of Motor Vehicle Invention and Demolition, NASCAR, utilizes Modern Carburetor Technology in Those Vehicles.

Along with Car Bodies That Almost Resemble the Actual Cars We Drive Sorta and underpinnings That Do Not.  As well as the Classic Little Old Lady Driving Position of Sitting Bolt Upright 10 Inches from the Steering Wheel Nearly Pressed against your Chest.

Hardly room for an airbag, let alone the harness.  Plus, they climb through the window.  I only do that when some idiot in a giant SUV parks 6 inches from my driver door.

That's a good one on the priest.  It could lead to another remake.

I used to have to pop a screwdriver into the butterfly of the 70 Hornet to start it... It was a scary trip when we went to trade it.. bless its heart, it started without out it there.  Boy, they don't make em like they used to.

Ace; thank goodness, again.
Ring bells for service.

LinS

I know I've been M.I.A., but please don't take AIM at an AMI.  Combination of vacation time, sick time and run around with the kids because its summer time, leaving me with no time.

Some Double Croakers (in which both verb and adverb or verb and noun relate to the pun) to get us back on the dance track (and off the test track).

"I can't chew this meat."  he beefed jerkily.
"I've got a new game." mumbled Peg.
"I hate reading Victor Hugo." said Les miserably.
"I ordered chocolate, not vanilla!"  I screamed.
"You're a mangy cur!" he barked doggedly.

LinS; One good croak deserves another.

Ace

Those were great.  They're almost circular in their wisdom, and construction.

Ace; he pantomimed a panda panting during a pandemic.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

I know what you get when you cross Fido with a frog - an appetizer.

LinS

If clergymen are defrocked and lawyers are disbarred, then are

manicurists defiled?

models disposed?

superheroes dismantled?

bigots disintegrated?

and mathemeticians dissolved?

LinS; but dancers are never defeated.

Ace

Detail of deduct got dinged when defeat slipped off defence.

Da end.

D'Ace.
Ring bells for service.

LinS

Ace, just ducky, as usual.

JimS is betting that ja set you up for that one.  I told him to let it roll off his back.   ;)

LinS; You can't keep a good jester down.

Ace

Of course it's a set-up.  Fools rush in...

You can keep one down if you sit on his head.

Ace; shoot me, I'm a duck.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Bang!   Or Boom, if you prefer.

http://tinyurl.com/b9wxu