• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Newegg surprises again.

Started by Bill, February 28, 2008, 09:17 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

Maybe beating a dead horse.....
Latest order for a Corsair Flash Drive was placed midday Wednesday, order was shipped Thursday morning for delivery on Friday.

I continue to be impressed.

On the other hand, Lenovo took a week to deliver a pre-built notebook from their Outlet, warehoused in North Carolina.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Mark H

I ordered a Corsair VX550 Power Supply on Wednesday and it is on it is on time to be delivered tomorrow (Friday). I ordered later on the East Coast.

Mark H; Newegg is great!

Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

pat

Well, what do you know, I was just about to start a newwegg topic, but since one is going, I'll just tag along.  ;)

Friday before last I ordered an XFX 8800GS video card, they are relatively new on the market, but the few reviews I saw were positive so I thought I'd give one a try. What a mistake that was, they have, without doubt, the loudest most obnoxious sounding fan I have ever heard. Just terrible, I can not believe XFX would send a product out the door that was that bad. So it was either send it back and pay restocking fee or keep and find an after market cooler, did I mention I only kept it in my system for about 10 minutes before pulling?

I decided to send it back and eat the restocking fee and return postage. I did go the the review section and place a very bad review for the card and indicated I was not at all happy with my purchase.

About a day later I got an email from newegg customer support letting me know they were unsatisfied that I was unsatisfied and offered to waive the restocking fees in an effort to make things right. Note that I did not ask for or expect to get this and I guess they do read those reviews, at no time did I hold newegg at fault and was pleasantly surprised that they would step in and do that.

Newwegg rocks, but my review never did get published  ???
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

You know, I think I've got you all beat.

Today, I arrived home to find an Antec 450W PSU delivered to my home... and I didn't even order it. It was just there; addressed to me. There was even duct tape holding the box together, so Red Green would be proud.

As dumb luck would have it I happen to be in need of an Antec 450W PSU. So, somebody out there must have read my mind and decided to take care of me.

Scuzzy; thanks Ace.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

Geez Louise, Pat, as Buff would've told me so you don't want no dang single high value high tech GPU; you want to go dual card
SLI...

I think I shall start a poast on the wonderful magic and merits of SLI.

ACE'S USED COMPUTER PARTS EMPORIUM has a few choice items remaining in stock:
My old Viper video card.  Some sticks of memory; I'm not sure what.  One of those cheapo Dynex PSU's that's 350 watts (dangit, I was gonna send that one and cover it with duct tape and then write "450 True Watts Truly" on it).  Some SATA cables, and others.  An analog monitor plug.  A spare SLI bridge (new... dangit).  A spare PSU power cord

Oops.  Oh...  Uh; that's why that Antec was discounted. 

Ace; sorry.  Call Customer Service; between 8:30-3:00 Eastern Daylight Time

when I'm not home
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

JA,

The shipment arrived as planned on Friday. My wife is out today and will pick it up from my Mother-in-laws, where we had it delivered. I will finally be able to do the transplant on our sick PC that needs surgery.

Ace

I have to give credit to my wife for the duct tape, since she packed it.  And anyway, how the heck do you know how attractive my dang duct tape is?  Maybe it's some pretty darn pretty dang duct tape I've got here.

Since my wife was in, I should've had her send it to Scuzzy's mother in law.  Or Mark's. 

Ace; I'm going to mail Scuzzy a new egg, and I'm not even going to use many packing peanuts on this one.
Ring bells for service.

iansl

I prefer smoked deer to new eggs. Just as long as the deer didn't run into a vehicle first. 'specially one of my friends'\family's vehicles.

And yes, I concur that Newegg is great about getting their stuff to you pretty quickly. Heh, Dell got my laptop to my faster than they told me I'd get it from them, but that was 1 1\2 years ago. Gonna hafta buy a new one, once Montevina comes out.

IanSL; Dell uses Conroe, Apple doesn't...Apple prefers Santa Rosa to Conroe, Whistler and Longhorn
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

Mark H

Quote from: JA on March 01, 2008, 14:32 hrs
I will listen for an explosion along the West Virginia hills, as you install it and test it.  hehehheeee

Sorry to disappoint, but the new PSU is installed and working great. I solved the problem, which means I was correct in thinking my PSU was going bad.

Mark H; I never thought a PSU would be so exciting.