• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Winme and WIA

Started by pat, February 15, 2001, 17:38 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

Hello                                                                                      The main reason I upgraded to winme was for the enhanced digital experience. I have a  digital camera, kodak dc240 usb. Before winme I used Photodraw to transfer pics. This was slow going. I tried other programs none were any faster. Winme detects camera and opens the camera/scanner wizard and downloads your pics in no time at all. I am really quite impressed. Ok, here is my question, in: my pictures/image preview, the print option is grayed out and I can't get the camera/scanner - install new hardware, to detect my scanner/printer. I have a Hp Officejet Pro all in one scanner/printer. Would this be because its an all in one, or would it have more to do with it is hooked up to a parallel port not a usb. I checked the hp web site for updated drivers, but the version no. is same as on install cd that came with printer.

I was at the puter store the other day and happened to see something called a parallel to usb coversion cable. Any idea if something like this is nessary for WIA to recognize my scanner/printer. Sold for 50$. I really don't mind opening a program to make a scan.

Thanks

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64