• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

A quick goodbye...

Started by Neon, June 10, 2003, 19:53 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Neon

until next week. Tomorrow I will travel by motorplane to THE Ohio State University. In light of Ace's description of driving across the vast expanses of the Buckeye state, I decided that aeronautical travel would be far more efficient, modern, and exciting than loading up the old jalopy to view every hill and dale between here and there. Thanks to the jester for his scouting report.

The purpose...my sister graduates with a Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine. Our family is quite proud of her. :)

I may try to peek in here a couple of times, so don't you try any funny business, Ace. I mean, you can try to BE funny, just don't try anything smart. Unless you are helping someone with a computer problem. No, never mind, just sit there and be dumb. No tricks. No dirty tricks. Jokes are okay, though. No, no dirty jokes, you know that is not allowed. Sheesh.

To summarize, just good clean funny dumb jokes. Right. Carry on.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

pat

Gee, I saw this in the funny room and thought it was a joke. But it's a quick good bye that took up a couple of three paragraphs. Huh...
Well, fair thee well, have a safe trip and a big congrats to your sis.
Jest is case Ace comes uncorked we will put him in a big bottle of margaritas till you get back. He out to get good and pickled.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Well, Ohio State University.  Script, indeed.  I'm not sure just where Columbus is, without checking the map.  I think it's sorta in the middle of the state.  Which would require 9 hours of air travel to reach.  From the Indiana border.  

It's cool that Neon's sister is a vet, as well as a doctor.  Guess that's like a medic.  Purdue has quite a Veterinary school, too.  I didn't pursue that, though.  They have an edge in that they do Engineering, too.  So they can design and build more efficient cows, and stuff.

I think the term "animal husbandry" sounds sorta troubling.

I haven't tried to be short-winded, or smart or funny as yet.  Pickled I can carry off pretty easily.  The taurus was pretty aeronautical, but the only time it flew was when we aquaplaned under a bridge in Maryland during the deluge home.  

Ace; I miss Neon already.  And margaritas, but not the ones we made last week.  Sammy Sosa came uncorked, too.

Ring bells for service.

trav

Right on Neon, and congrats to your sister

And yes, me and everyone else will keep and eye on the Ace for you ;)
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

scuzzy

I agree that Ace is a Bozo. However, I don't understand why that would cause Neon to leave. Regardless, we appreciate the time you spent with us, Neon. You are always welcome to come back, and we hope you will.

If it's Ace that caused you to leave, please let me know so that I can beat him into an unrecognizable blob.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

Well, "Scuzzy", if that's your real name... You're too late, Bucko.  I already am, for most purposes, an unrecognizable blob.  Hah.

Plus, you'd have to shoot me first.  Hah! Ha!!!

Huh.  Hold it a minute.

Ok, look.  Let's just concentrate on finding Neon, and getting him back.  I tell ya, this war of attrition thing is a losing enterprise.  The fewer poasters there are, the less we have.  

Ace; they can keep an eye out for me all they want.  I tell ya, they could run into me on the street and they still wouldn't recognize me.  Shoot, Steve McQueen would recognize that Blob more than they could, me.
Ring bells for service.

trav

No, No, No, he's not leaving.....just going to visit his sister for a while :)
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Ace

I didn't know Scuzzy had a sister.  Huh.  Especially in Michigan.

Ace: ::)
Ring bells for service.

pat

So whats your favorite good-bye?
I was always partial to;
Don't let the door hit you in the backside on the way out.

Or maybe, You're still here?

Perhaps, Come back when you can leave sooner.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Well, after "Geez, give it a rest, Craig" it's:

See ya
See ya
Wouldn't wanna
be ya.

Ace; I'm not leaving to see my sister, or Scuzzy's.
Ring bells for service.

Neon

Those are good ones. My favorite is, "Na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!", which can be repeated until the person finally gets a clue and leaves.

Oh. Sorry to jump into the middle of your conversation. So now there is a new doctor in the family. Meow. I had a good time, and it was a busy vacation. The graduation was super - 5600 degrees awarded! Christopher Reeve was the special guest speaker. The first 2 hours were consumed by administrators giving each other awards, honorary degrees to Ted Turner, William Kirwan, and others, followed by more speeches. Then they started reading names, then all the graduates rushed the field to pick up their diplomas.

The veterinary school had a nice reception afterwards, and we received a personalized tour of the facilities. We had a nice Italian style dinner at Buca di Beppo. The next day, packed and loaded up her stuff. She starts work tomorrow.

Who is this "Bucko" that Ace speaks of? Did we get a new administrator already?
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Ace

Oh. Yes. Please.  We need another Administrator on the premises. Like an additional room, or door.  You bet.

"Bucko" is a term of affection I use for Scuzzy.  Mostly since I can't use the term I'd like to.

I've been to warm graduations, but 5600 degrees sounds dangerously hot.  I did not attend my niece's in DC, since it rained and they held it in the gym with a limit to 2 guests while hangers on could watch on closed circuit TV in the auditorium and some classrooms.  As I did not want to view it if not in person, I stayed home and drank and watched the NBA game, which was as numbing as drinking.

I have a theory about Christopher Reeve:  he would like to get back on a horse.

I feel he could be strapped on with a conveyance, and made able to ride again.  I mean, really... what's the harm?  He might get thrown or fall off?  He must have enjoyed doing it, and I would have to think he'd like to be able to, again.  Just a theory, on my part.  I hope he'll someday be able to move, and walk, let alone fly, again.

Ace; Maybe Scuzzy's cat Alex could have an appt. with your sister.  Does she know euthanasia and all that stuff too?
Ring bells for service.