• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Vista for gaming

Started by Callme, March 12, 2008, 19:23 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Callme

Hi Guys
Whats the best operating system for gaming?
I have xp and also have an option of Vista home. Would this be better with a higher version of vista?
going to run a phenon or core 2 quad 6600

any help appreciated
Callme

Buffalo2102

Either operating system will be fine for games.  If you like to play some older games then I would stick to XP.  Some of them won't run well on Vista and some won't run at all or even install.  If all you are really interested in is gaming then XP is your friend at the moment.

If you only really play modern games then there's really no reason not to switch to Vista.  Especially looking at the proposed spec. of your PC.  It should run Vista very well and you presumably will want to take advantage of the loveliness that is DX10.  More and more games will be adopting it and I assume that you will be getting a nice DX10 graphics card to go with that quad 6600.

Vista Home is fine for games and they won't run any better on the other Vista variations.

Buff

Edit - welcome to poasters by the way.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.