• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Spiderman

Started by pat, June 28, 2007, 16:17 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

Went to see the new Spiderman at the Imax over in Portage. I didn�t even know there was an Imax that close, well, until I went to it. Only about 45 minutes away, always used to go clear up the Grand Rapids to go to an Imax before. Those Imax theaters are pretty cool, giant screens, good seats and the sound comes though load and clear.

I sure don�t want to give away any of the movie, just in case anyone wants to go see it yet. Sort of like Spiderman and Dark-Side Spiderman battle it out while the friend who used to be a friend that became an enemy that became a friend that became an enemy and then a friend, while some guys throws sand in everyone�s face as Spidy gets the girl and losses the girl and gets the girl.

Yeah, it was OK.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

I suppose Spiderman movies are okay, but there's no way I'm gonna go all the way to Portugal to watch one. Heck, I don't even like to watch a movie on opening day. I prefer waiting until the movie is on the Wal-Mart DVD clearance rack. You know, buy two for a dollar and get a two dollar rebate.

Scuzzy; My favorite movies are the ones where Ace gets it in the end. Or on the nose.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

"The sound comes through load and clear.."  When I hear Scuzzy load, I clear.

Look, I gotta be honest with ya, I hate spiders.  I will rubberband them step on them spray the bejabbers outta them.  If I see someone carry a spider outside to "catch and release" in a humane way I will 1. smack and spray the moron  2. squash the arachnid forethwith.

Portage is down the Spanish Australian highway from here, but I've never done an IMAX film.  Heck, I don't even watch the DVDs we've bought that often.

I just bought new "main" speakers, for my stereo.  I moved my Infinity 3 ways to the surrounds, and uninstalled the two little Bose I'd bought.  I still have the Cambridge Sound subs and satellites as one set of mains.  I went with a pair of PSB ("Paul and Sue Barton" from Canada, Dude) T45 towers as the primary stereo speakers.  I've got various surround capabilities (the Infinitys are definitely cool, and overkill, in that mode) along with the Bose center channel.  So, actually, I'd just as soon watch the film here.  So far the sound is load, and clear.  Or loud, and Claire.

I ordered the Montery Pop 2 disc set from that festival, a Jefferson Airplane live disk, the Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music 3 disc group, a David Blaine magic DVD and a Lance Burton magic DVD.  I expect them to be magical.

Ace; I'll get it, in the end.
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

I liked the new spiderman movie, but thought it wasn't quite as good as the first two. I would still rank it as a very good movie.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

pat

Yeah, what a load. I love a good typo, keeps thing interesting and adds a little extra to the topic.

So what about the new Pirates of the Caribbean or perhaps you say kar-a-be-in. Yeah, now there�s another one you just don�t want to give any spoilers away on. I liked it lots of good action and wide open for another sequel.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Shoot, I never even saw the 2nd Pirates movie.  Depp's alright, though.  Maybe in the next Caribbean Pirate flick he could lose his hands and replace them with scissors, and then load the ship with chocolate and hallucinate out the secret window out back that he's a hillbilly with a big hat.

And do a lot of absinthe and solve the Jack Sparrow the Ripper crime.  Or a headless horseman. 

Ok, I can't think of anymore movie references for him, so I'll stop there.  Should I just buy the last movie of the Caribbean or get the middle one, too? 

Ace; I still never finished the first Spiderman film, either.

Ring bells for service.