• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Stranger than Fiction

Started by pat, April 27, 2008, 19:42 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

Now here's a fine family friendly flick, low key but you do have to pay attention and it all comes together in the end. Will Ferrell play an IRS guy that seems to be caught up in a book being written by an author that is having a hard time figuring out how to kill off the main character. This is good stuff and a great feel good film.

Dinner was a turkey cooked outside on the grill using the rotisserie with some fresh home grown asparagus. Ah the turkey was succulent inside and crispy on the outside and the asparagus was excellent. Looks like turkey leftovers for most of the week though which ain't all bad.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

I just added it to my Netflix cue.

Scuzzy; the movie, not the meal.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

I was trying to figure what could be stranger than friction...

I liked Will Ferrell in "Elf."  He was fine on SNL.  But doesn't exactly hold my attention, as a prime time player.  I guess if it's a fine family friendly flick I wouldn't be that interested... I enjoy the gratuitious violence and mayhem and bloodshed and XRated dialog and excessive nudity and full frontal assault of a good non-friendly repulsive film.  As long as it's essential to the story. 

Will Ferrell would be preferrable to Adam Sandler; that's a guy I'd like to see blown to smithereens in a film.  I do like movies where things blow up, good.  Pauly Shore would probably be my perfect storm of someone whose character I'd like to see killed in the first reel. 

Ace; I like wholesome, cheery Disney-approved adult entertainment, like Miley Cyrus.
Ring bells for service.

pat

How about the price of gas or the current presidential contest? Those certainly belong in the strange but true categories, perhaps not stranger than fiction but close. But then again I remember you saying once you don't read fiction only those tawdry pulp tittles. 

Ah, what the heck give a family friendly movie a shot for a change. Unless of course your afraid your heart will grow 10 sizes to large.

Hope you enjoy the film Scuzzy.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Well, I certainly don't read tittles.  I hate a tittle tale.

Usually, I read magazines.  I guess they're fact, for the most part.  I'm ok with my heart growing 10 sizes, unless that's life threatening.  Better than my waist, or head.

Ace; I did like Pulp Fiction.
Ring bells for service.