• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Tommy has Competition, Unknown Asian Guitarist--Magnifico!

Started by Whizbang, December 11, 2007, 10:32 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

Ace

Ok now, first off, I'm pretty darn sure Paganini isn't Asian.  Secondly, shoot, the kid only must know one song.  Also, he's got slender fingers, so that's yet another advantage.  And apparently can't even use a pick.  Plus, must not be able to handle a ukelele. 

Otherwise, sure, that was really good.  It started a little slow, but there was a lot of movements by the time he got done.  I liked that koto-like bit after a minute or so. 

Ace; somewhere there's probably a video of an Italian kid playing "Sukiyaki" on a violin. 
Ring bells for service.

Whizbang

I did not identify the gender because I am not sure, sort of a unisex motif. seriously.  That is no slam, just that there was really no way to be sure with the long hair.

(Clarrified):  Indeed this is a lady, named Lie Ji, as I had suspected because of the attractive face and delicate features.  That makes me even more insecure as a male who could never even learn to play the harmonica.   :'(

She also is Australian, so maybe Tommy is an inspiration.

Ace

That's a GIRL???  Long hair? 

Huh.  Actually, I didn't even notice or think on that.  I've heard Yngwie Malmsteen play that Paganini caprice, but he hasn't been delicate since the car crash and putting on about 300 lbs.  Although his fingers aren't particularly fat.  Zakk Wylde has longer hair.  He's not too delicate, either...

I would be interested in hearing Paganini played on the harmonica, however.

Ace; not entertained, probably, but interested.
Ring bells for service.