• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

2 Mouse Pointers??

Started by WHBB, January 17, 2004, 13:22 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

WHBB

Is it possible to have 2 mouses that work indepindently?

Mark H

Maybe if one is PS2 and the other is USB. You would need to have two drivers if it is possible. I know that on laptops, you can have the built-in pad and then an attached mouse.

I am not sure why anyone would want two mice at the same time. ???

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

WHBB

I have tryed it with 1 usb /1 PS/2 = Had problems with drivers

1 USB / 1 serial = had 2 pointers but the serial wouldnt move

I make maps with Unreal Editor for Unreal tournament/tactical ops/unreal 2003/unreal tournament 2003

Also I use AutoCad

and 2 mouses would be a great thing!!!

Carskick

LOL. Never thought of that. It would be awesome.
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

saoirse

marshall834

i know you can use two mice at the same time. im not sure-but u can try USB and USB mouse. You'll never have two cursors, but both the mice will be able to move the cursor. ive had it set up with an Microsoft Wireless Optical and an Apple Pro mouse. you can try that
The Powerhouse- Celeron 2.2,256MB PC2100, nVidia FX5200, 80GB WD 7200,8MB buffer, Vantec Tornado Case fan (5000RPM) Logitech Wireless Duo

Coming Soon: Athlon64 3200,512MB PC3200!
:-)

WHBB

Quote from: marshall834 on January 17, 2004, 19:13 hrs
i know you can use two mice at the same time. im not sure-but u can try USB and USB mouse. You'll never have two cursors, but both the mice will be able to move the cursor. ive had it set up with an Microsoft Wireless Optical and an Apple Pro mouse. you can try that

yeah but thats not what I was asking.. i did try hooking up my game controler and using a mouse but its not the same.. It works but not what i'm shooting for..
Thanks for your info and help...
If i figuer it out i will post it..

Mark H

Quote from: WHBB on January 17, 2004, 21:19 hrs
....If i figuer it out i will post it..

Please do poast it if you figure it out as we all like to learn new things. ;D

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

saoirse

WHBB - Did you try CPN tools?  It was written for programmers, but support stretches to the general user too.  It runs under 2000/XP.

"Windows does not natively support using multiple pointing devices, controlling independent cursors."  

http://cpnmouse.sourceforge.net/install.html

http://klafbang.dk/personlig/publications/mouse.pdf

saoirse

WHBB

Well I tryed CPN tools.. I cant get the Mouse Driver to load!!..

I have Windows 2003 EE so all XP driver should work.....Well i will keep looking......

Oh i did get it to work on linux (PS/2 + Serial) and MAC (USB + PS/2) but I want it to work on windows 2k3

Chandler

Well that could be your problem.  Windows Server 2003 isn't designed for workstation usage and is priced accordingly, especially the Enterprise Edition.  There aren't any gains over XP from using it, except for lower compatibility with programs which check the OS version.

Nestor

This just happened a couple hours ago- a colleague was swapping out a wireless optical mouse for a usb optical, and had a ps/2 mouse installed as a standby. he could use either mouse with full control, but when he moved the mice independently of each other (i.e. in opposite directions) nothing happened, the pointer just 'quivered' but stayed put.
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM