• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

THE WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD

Started by Ace, January 20, 2005, 06:28 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo2102

Yes, I am aware that I should use my hands ::)

It is difficult to protect yourself when the ball is travelling at such speed and from such a short distance away.  It's not such an issue in the full 11-a-side game as shots tend to come from much further away.

I am currently researching the purchase of a "box" but am unsure of what to get.  Do they come in different sizes?  If so, how do you measure?

Buff; 'spect I could get a used one off of Ebay.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

Look, if you do get a "small" just don't tell any girls.  Well, or guys either.  

You know, another aid to your self preservation and sporting fun might be to move the goal back a little.  That could increase the distance and decrease the velocity if someone tries to bounce a ball off your person.  I would think you could rig a goal with wheels, and be able to push it back if people are getting too close.

Personally, I don't enjoy people kicking or hurling things at me so I'll stick to tennis and golf.  The tennis ball comes in pretty fast sometimes, but I keep my distance and it's pretty soft.  Golf balls can travel faster, and they're way harder, but at their size there's a reasonable chance of a miss.  

Ace; I'm not going near a baseball and risk catching one in some ungloved part of me.  And softballs are not "soft."
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

A goal with wheels.  Cool!  It just might work.

I'm sure that there will probably be a rule somewhere that will scotch that idea though.

Buff; Maybe Pandora will let me borrow her box.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Buffalo2102

Hah!  When the tough get going, the ..er...others ...disassociate themselves.

Buff; Take me with you.

(I modified my last poast to be slightly less risque - you can come back now).

Ace

Well, I went back.  You just click on "5" and you're there.  It's not exactly hightech.

Good one, Buff!  That was some risque stuff.

Ace; Buff said "scotch." heh
Ring bells for service.

Ace

Geez Louise, Johnny.  Of course I know you're kidding.  For a quick guy who can poast while I'm in the midst of the answer to the previous one, I'd expect you to know that.

Ace; "Dis" is the root word of Dishwasher.
Ring bells for service.

Ace

Well, it was certainly a pleasant surprise to be called "honky" after all these years... You just don't hear that all that often, anymore.  And "cat."  I suppose "white cat" might be an alright thing to be called, although I sure prefer dogs.  Better than a black cat.  It's bad luck enough when a Jester crosses your path, so that would be a double whammy.

Ace; It's like a double espresso, but it's made with whammy.
Ring bells for service.

Ace

"Elton John, the Funeral Singer."

Ace; I guess there's a need, like with wedding singers...
Ring bells for service.