• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Well Im Finally 64 bit!

Started by halokid, January 27, 2007, 01:10 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

halokid

it took me a while as I have been content with my athlonxp 2500+ @ 3200 for some time. Recently i had the opportunity to get a lil more updated.

before
  Cpu: athlon xp 2500+(@3200+)
Mobo: epox 8rda3
Ram : 2x512 dual channel crucial(pc3200)
gpu  : 6600gt agp

after
CPU  : athlon 64 3700+ (sandiego)
mobo: Biostar  geforce 6100 M9 939
Ram  : same
gpu  : 7800gt ( awaiting arrival)

i had  the case plus an antec psu
and reused the ram so it is a budget upgrade..

I will probably end up overclocking it, ive heard it can get up to a fx-55 or 57 ish

this build was pretty cheap  for me to do , cant wait to see the difff between the 6600gt and the 7800gt

ps: wow that cam lever on the stock heatsink feels like its gonna snap when you  bend it down... also my board is bowed a bit from it
around the cpu area

Chandler

Quote from: halokid on January 27, 2007, 01:10 hrsps: wow that cam lever on the stock heatsink feels like its gonna snap when you  bend it down... also my board is bowed a bit from it
around the cpu area
Did you install every possible mounting post in your case?

halokid

halokid

ya , all but one on the upper right...

well now im past the whole memory issue i was having. the board set my timing  way to agressively(as i have poasted in the other section)

I will be reciving my 7800gt in a while ill post some pics prolly when i get it so you can see my ultra budget 64 rig  he he he
its an  emachines matx case  ha ha

Now i might, a big might, be upgrading the ps unit (antec sp 2.0 350w)
depending if  it wqill handle he 7800gt it says minimum of 400w.. so this makes me a little leary, however the the antec is dual rails.. im not sure, and this is my question... Does having dual rails increase the
12+ A  rating to double.. like mine is 15a does it make it now 30a?.
or atleast  better than most 15a ratings with single rail?