• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

"Deleting Restore Points??"

Started by Don G, February 04, 2005, 00:17 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Don G

Can someone explain how to delete Restore points in ME.  I've checked the help files and can't seem to find that in there.

TIA,

DG
Don G

pat

It?s been a while since I?ve used WinMe, but I think you need to turn off System Restore and turn it back on to remove the restore points. I can?t remember if you can remove individual restore points.

Right click on My Computer, Performance Tab, File System, Troubleshooting, Check Disable System Restore, click Ok and OK.
To re-enable, just do the reverse.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Don G

Thanks for the input Pat.  I did as you said, however the box was already checked.  This seemed strange, as there were restore points showing back into December.  But....I unchecked it, hit apply and then looked for restore points....they were all gone.....sure seems backwards to me but it seems to have worked.  The purpose of this was to get rid of a Trojan that had taken up residence in one or more restore points....I've run both McAfee and AVG and neither can now find the trojan anyplace on my computer.  I guess I'm clean.......:)

Thanks again, very much,

DG
Don G

pat

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64