• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

JOHNNY'S BACK! AND HIS FRONT! AND HIS PUPPY!

Started by Ace, January 29, 2005, 12:22 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

editor's note: since poasting this message, Buffalo revealed the hidden message in one of JohnnyOhOh's poasts, stating he was going to disappear.  Since he announced his disappearance it is no longer a mystery, and this poast chain poases no purpose.  
Any more than any others here.

Otherwise, it originally read:
I know Heeere's Johnnny left, but what the heck happened to Our Johnny?  Unless he changed his name again (criminy, I wish people would stop doing that) he hasn't been here pretty much since last week's football games.  Maybe it was the downfall of the Stillers that has him crushed and non-participatory.  I miss his witty repartee and strange links.  

Actually, I think that was the last thing he did.  Some link.  Geez, I hope he didn't fall in.

He always notices when I'm not here, so I wanted to let him know I notice, too.

When I'm not here.  There've been times I've missed me terribly.  The sense of abandonment... the empty sighs... the longing looks at the gray gloom of winter... the blur of emotions... the fog of memory.. the lonesome longing of a loon lingering on the lake.

Well, actually, I'm nowhere near a lake.  Hopefully, I'm nowhere near a loon, either.  If I go see Pat, then we can revisit that.

Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

He hasn't poasted since the 24th January when he poasted this.

QuoteI am planning an Ace-like sabbatical.
Is that spelled right or correctly?
That's a rhetorical question... no need for an answer.

Maybe there will be a spell-check later, eh?

I guess that means that he will be back shortly as several other people and will spend a lot of time talking to himselves.

Or he's still looking for his Dictionary........
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

Well, I don't know where he gets off thinking he can just take off any dang time he chooses.  For all he knows I put in for those days, and I've got seniority dangit.  

Good find though, Buff.  That cider is working well for you.  

Ace; I wish I could take a sabbatical.  I'm just stuck with regular old PTO.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Listen here, you almost had a sabbatical; a permanent one.  And if you don't do something about some of your habits, you may have another opportunity to visit that issue.

Then you'd be sorry or we'd be sorry, I think.  
It was nice of Johnny to bury his annoucement  in  some obscure poast where a detective like Buff - almost said snoop- has to go searching for it.  We oughta ask pat or somebody to make a rule about absences and notices.
Be fun again trying to poast in another "Rule Poast"; wouldn't it -huh - wouldn't it?  

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Buffalo2102

Hey, we have everybody's birthday on the Calendar, why not book time off on there too?
At least if someone disappears you could just refer to the Calendar and see that they have gone on holiday.  Or whatever.

That way we could set Scuzzy on anybody who has too much time off sick or who has unexplained absences.  Mind you, if your PC is borked you can't really do anything can you?  Hee hee, I bet that's what's happened to JohnnyOH - his PC's borked and he can't fix it!

Bed time now, so I'm booking a few hours off.  Back in the am (GMT).  'Nite.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Igloo

its only 9:13 but, ok, night matey :)

also, he probably having a time doing some "real life" stuff, whatever that is...... i havent visited real life for 4 whole years, and still somehow, i am still alive.........

work that one out....

Igloo
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Ace

Ok; Ok.  I can work this out.  I'm good at story problems; everyone here knows that.

Alright; rumour has it both Buffalo and Igloo are both overseas.  Buffalo says it's 9:30 and time for passout I mean bed.  Igloo says it's only 9:13, and he is not only alive but also awake.  Igloo doesn't visit real life, and Buffalo drinks to it.  Ian is on the opposite side of the pond, from Igloo.  Since Ian had a birthday and Igloo hasn't yet, Ian must be older...  at least by a couple weeks.  Mixing Buff's cider and merlot with a shot of Master's vodka, things get much funnier, but that still doesn't explain where Johnny's sabbatical is taking place or why Angelina Jolie wants to adopt Brad Pitt... he's not even Cambodian.

I don't think.  

No; really.  I mean that in the truest sense.

JLoh mentioned spell check.. ok, so Angelina Jolie must be an anagram for.. uh...

Jeani Oil Angle.  Which would be Genie Oil Angle, mispelled.  Magic lamp oil.. Make a Wish Foundation...  I dream of Jeanie...  Ok, wait; Buffalo will go to sleep and Dream of Oil!  Or Geometry!  Or Euclid, Fran and Ollie!  From that kid's show..  That's gotta be it!

Ace; gotta be.  what.  
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Are you sure it wasn't  Euclid, Fran and Follie?

Most times you don't have to be quite so specific about your thinking,  but you have very well trained fingers.

The digits on this keyboard  generally have to redo things several times but they have learned where the backspace and delete keys are located.  Seems, like dogs-according to Ace, they have no long-term memory.  Or, they have lost the sync with the CPU.

llib

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Thanks; I've practiced with these fingers since I was young.  

I think, sometimes, it helps if I explain where my mind's going or what it's thinking, I think.  Other times I don't think it would really add anything.

I didn't mean that dogs have no long term memory; I think I meant they have no memory whatsoever.  Although my dog could sure hold a grudge...  It's like she knew what Bath meant.  And Walk.  If I could've said "walk" and get her to agree to a "bath" life would have been easier on both of us.

Ace: I wonder if Johnny remembers he's missing.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

This furball seems to know what "Out" means, and he's beginning to catch on to O-U-T when used in a discussion about "how long has it been since..."

(3 backspaces and 2,now 3 deletes)

I'd put in a fence but it would have to go a couple of feet in the ground and be as tall as Shaq and then he'd turn the entire backyard into a mud hole.  As it is, the "grassy play area" is now fit for mud wrestling or hogs.

Ok, now.
Johnny is probably quite happy to be free of the Funny Farm responsiblities, however short the sabbatical.  Cast off the chains of ....

Bill; lucky guy

Buffalo2102

OK, the Merlot was good, but it made me really tired - hence going to bed at 9.15 or whatever it was.  Therefore, not the ideal compliment to poasting.  The Cabernet Sauvignon, when consumed after a large chicken tikka pizza, gave similar results yesterday.

I may well have dreamt of oil, or Euc... what's-his-name, but I honestly don't remember.

And I'm going off Brad Pitt.  (Angelina Jolie is an anagram for fickle woman).

Ace

Life is a cabernet, old chum.

Fickle women are the worst.  It's like "fickle" is their middle name.

Ace; that'd be a sorta weird name, wouldn't it.  "Well, hey, meet my kids, Ferd and Fickle."
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Ok, I'll bite -
What is a "chicken tikka pizza"?

Bill;  I prefer my grilled

Ace

WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN/ARE YOU?  Criminy.  I just got Service Pack 2 put in awhile back, and you're already on 4??

It's very nice of you to stop by and say "Hi", though.  Well, or say all the stuff you said.  Although next time when you stop by, you might try saying something... Instead of "I've been gone and couldn't remember my name and so am back but not like I'm going to say anything more than I've been gone now I'm back now I'm gone again bye later."

Geez.  I suppose I wish I was there, just to know what you didn't bother to tell us.  The toast sounds good, though.  That I might do.

Ace; eagerly awaiting the next installment of "Heeeere's Johhnnnyy Oh I mean OH with more news and weather." Oh, and you still didn't explain what in the world a chicken tikka pizza is.  C'mon.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

You should be glad we're not there, wherever "there" is at the moment.  
We'd create all manner of disruptions; loudest CDs in the world, flying pigs for lunch,  crawling on treadmills, you name it.  
Thanks for stopping by.  

Bill; I wonder if Johnny is really Thag?

Ace

Ask him if his girlfriend is named Jamie. Jaime. James. Something like that.  And ask him if he's the drunk on the left.

Ace; I think Bill is onto something.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Certainly wouldn't be the first time aliases were used by nefarious poasters.  

But I think I'll let someone else ask about James Jamie or

Ok- where were we oh, yeah, where was the question.

Bill; not there.

Buffalo2102

A Chicken Tikka Pizza is, funnily enough, a pizza with a Chicken Tikka topping.  If you are unfamiliar with chicken tikka, it is an "Indian" dish that is extremely popular in the UK.  In fact we eat more chicken tikka than just about anything else.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/special_report/1999/02/99/e-cyclopedia/1285804.stm

Hey Johnny, how.......oh, he's gone again.  I missed him.  That sucks.  I guess it's pretty nice that he takes the time to pop in when he's on a break but sheesh, that was quick.

Better change the thread title again....

Ace

Well, ok.  Curry chicken.  That sounds good; I like curry.  Never heard of it here in the states.  We've got California Pizza kitchens, with wood fired ovens.  And normal old pizza ovens.  I wouldn't mind a dang chicken tikka chicken pizza with a nice merlot, after a margarita as a cocktail.  

I just had chicken and dumpling soup, and a ham and turkey sandwich on rye.  And a pepsi.  It was good; but not like a chicken tikka pizza and red wine, huh.

Ace; should add that recipe to the dang immortal pizza poast, wherever it went to.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Just goes to show that some good can come from Recalcitrant Scots.   ;D

William of Glencoe

Ace

I've known Scots I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them.  I wonder if there are any Jester Scots.  

Ace; because I'm figuring they'd have jingly bells under their kilts.  
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Nah, laddie.  Highlanders are all manly men, no bells under the kilts; nothing else, either.  Take another look see at "Brave Heart".

Brave Heart lives

W of G

Ace

You have an interesting mug.

I think poasting pictures of stuffed animals, or other knick knacky items, is just silly.

Ace; the bear dohn wahn hes fraydom.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Yes, I agree but avitars don't count, right?  But better than pop-up ads.  Better we should poast nothing.

You should try shaving it!  

nothing

Ace

Of course Avatars count.  An avatar is like 120 pixels.  

I want to know what I'm shaving before I do.  Try to.  Try to do.  I think avatars based on "The Tattoos of Angelina Jolie, Including Those Not Visible To The Naked Eye Unless She Is" would be worthwhile.

Ace; g'wan.  Poast away.  Nothing better pop up and get in the way.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

How come your Avaters are always the same size.  You have an avitor camera or somethin'?  Does it ever take pictures of anything besides pigs?  Maybe it's a Miss Piggy Avitar Camera, yeah, that must be it.  

Tats ain't purdy (according to Tutuola), no matter what they're on.  Grafitti on the Temple.

BTW, Where's Johnny?

Bill; glad I'm not visible to the naked eye.

Ace

My eyes are never naked.  I almost need glasses to find my glasses.  

I wasn't going to stare DIRECTLY into the tattoos... I was gonna sort of... look around them.  And now you're just jealous of my mastery of Avatar Editing Skills of which I Compress My Personal PHotos To Perfectly Positioned Avatar Size and Configuration Through My Skillful Use And Mastery Of Photo Impressions Software which came with the Canon.

And people say I have no computer skills... ha, I say to them.

Ace; you heard me .  ha.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Well I misspoke.  The most recent one is 90x123, off a few from the strictly enforced 100x100 standard.
You must have been feeling a need to express some form of your individuality, rebelliousness,even.   But the subjects don't seem to change.

Bill; go Eagles.

Buffalo2102

Ace

That is far over my avatar size limitations. Thank goodness.  Oh, and you misspelled

hold it. Nevermind.

Ace; wow, I almost made a fool of myself.
Ring bells for service.