• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Eternal Pizza Poast

Started by Karen, March 11, 2002, 14:10 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

Yum...are you taking orders?  Make mine a double cheese with an ice cold Michalobe Light, please.  Just cheese, extra thin crust and the Michalobe Light should be on the verge of freezing in a frosted mug.  

Karen
I'm at that awkward stage...somewhere between the young and the restless, and the old and the senseless.   ;)

scuzzy

Peperroni with extra cheese, or black olives with extra cheese. Otherwise, cheese with extra cheese.

Let's get this straight, up front, right now. I'm not sharing my pizza with Ace. Uh-uh, no way, forget it.

http://www.poasters.com/images/scuzzy.gif" border=0>

Alex Garcia
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

pat

Excellent question, since pizza is one of nature?s most perfect foods.

I like a thin crust with plenty of sauce and sliced tomatoes I, prefer Asiago cheese if I have the choice.

Real Italian sausage, artichokes, big slices of Portabella mushrooms, just a hint of anchovies,

black olives, and some flaked red pepper to sprinkle around a bit.

But hey pizza is pizza and I will try it in any way, shape or style.  

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Joanie

Now I'm drooling all over the Forum just thinking about it.

Make mine a thin crust, pepperoni, italian sausage, extra cheese and anchovies.

HELP!I need a roll of paper towels to wipe my mouth.

Neon, this is all your fault.

Joanie

http://www.poasters.com/images/rahrahsm.gif  " border=0>

Carol

For me, it's a hard choice between white pizza with sausage, or thin crust pizza with sausage, bacon, and extra cheese.

And now that it's supper time, after reading this, I might just have to go order some pizza for tonight.

Carol

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/btce/chauffer1cp.gif" border=0>

It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

Neon

Decisions, decisions.

Does anyone know just what the difference is between ham and Canadian bacon?

Also, do you agree that it is wrong to put chicken on pizza, or any foul (fowl? fowell?) for that matter?

I'll guess that Ace probably likes that deep dish Chicago style with Jagermeister. Or anything else with Jagermeister.

http://neon.home.texas.net/neonsm.gif" border=0>
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

pat

Hey, I know that one.

Canadian bacon comes from the loin just like pork chops do.

Ham comes from the hindquarters (butt). Smoked picnics come from the shoulders.

Smoked pork chops come from the loin also.

Yes, I agree no chicken on pizza. Smoked duck is ok though, or perhaps Emu.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

John

All the pizza's everyone want's makes me verrrrrrrrry hungry. I can't decide what I'll have so I'll just take take a slice from everyone else. MMMMMuuuummhhh that's good. I'll have another bottle of Michelob if you please.

http://www.poasters.com/images/pcguy.gif" border=0>

John
Cogito Ergo Sum

Ace

Criminy, I leave the room for a day or so and there you all go again.

Ok, first off, anyone who orders "a pizza with cheese" as a topping is a maroon. I mean, geez louise, do you mention "with crust" too?@(#!!

Extra cheese is ok, but Scuzzy's pie is safe from me if he goes with the black olives because I consider those a non-food source along with caulk and faucet washers.  Although for taste and texture, i could see the faucet washers having an edge.  I don't mind them chopped up in a burrito, but that's about it.

And, no, Mr. Neon, not with Jagermeister. That'd be like having a pizza with a carafe of cough syrup... Jagermeister needs to supplement, unless it's a cigar. Blech. If Jagermeister Girls serve the pizza, I'd still go with a beer or wine.  Actually, I'd prefer wine.  A delightful chianti. A robust Merlot. A chilled Bardolino or Valpolicella.  Beer makes me too full too fast with Pizza, so I only do that if I'm having one out.  Michelobs are fine as an appetizer, although I'm pretty stuck on the Amstel Lights right now.

I love real honest to gosh Chicago style pizza, like you can get in Indy on the circle.  But too many places just make a thick tough dough and call it that.

No, not "Thick Tough Dough with extra cheese, please...

".."Faux Chicago Style".

I would go with the Canadian Bacon; problem with ham is if they cube it into little chunks instead of thin sliced.. I don't care for that. Sausage, definitely. actually, I like chicken on frozen ones better than the usual stuff. Haven't had a stuffed pizza for awhile; that could allow more variety too.  Pepperoni is purty much a constant. Mushrooms, unless they're the canned type; ech.

An anchovy is a horrific thing... I once, as a youth, ordered an anchovy pizza as it was a friday in Lent. They are a vile, oily, despicable little sea vermin of such a gagging pungency and ill repute I thought I was gonna hurl. I scraped them off, and slathered barbecue sauce on the thing and re-baked. It then tasted as barbecued slimy stinky little fishes... gagh.  I should have ordered it with cheese.  Last time I made that mistake. You guys ordering those on one, you might as well have said "Oh Ace, I've ordered a pizza with crushed eel and a pair of my socks, would you care for a slice?" to get me to try it.

Actually, though, I'm fond of caesar salad dressing and Lea & Perrins, so go figure.

I tend toward thinner crusts now too, since it harder to botch one. But a good thick one is divine. I haven't gone for many hoity-toity things, like duck.

Ow, I shouldn't be reading this out loud as I type. Nailed the faux computer desk with my dang head again. Shoot.

Ok; I gotta go get more coffee. Let me know where we're meeting and who's taking orders. Anybody gets a pitcher of Jagermeister, I'm not pitching in. I'll sip one after, maybe, but I'd just as soon stick with my normal whine.

Wine. Dang typos. Shoot. Ok; remember, "extra cheese" but not "cheese". Cheese Louise.  Ace; had a stupid scrambler for breakfast.. that now pales, in comparison.  

Ring bells for service.

Neon

Ah, c'mon Ace, what's wrong with a little roasted eel, mango, and sea kelp pizza with pumpernickle crust? You probably don't like mustard sardines on your pizza, either. Sheesh. And another thing - barbeque sauce can fix anything, if it's strong enough. You just needed spicier sauce on those anchovies. Sometimes it helps to roast it first.

I'll have to agree with you about the cheese - it isn't a "topping", since it's already included in the package deal. Actually, I like cheeseless pizza, but many people look at you funny if you admit that. Good thing I can't see your reaction now. The heart of the pizza is the tomato sauce. If that's not abundant and top rate, you don't got a pizza.

oh, and thanks patman, for the news on the porcine origins of popular toppings. Interesting indeed.

Now as for my previous Jagermeister comment. I apologize. Let's just acknowledge I don't know the difference between Jagermeister, Bass, Schaffer, or Rio Grande Pancho Verde Chile Cerveza. Mmmmm, chile beer.

Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Ace

Ok, Neon.  I am looking at you funny right now.

Can you feel it?  I bet you can.

Chile Beer? Chilled beer?  Geez louise, I gotta figure there's a difference. I like hot sauce, and beer, but not in the beer... And, no, there's no BBQ sauce that would kill the Fish Whose Smell Would Not Die.

Here's an observation; we drop a couple tons of anchovies down the cave mouths in the Afghan hills, we see a couple hundred Taliban run screaming out in a matter of minutes...

I do like the verde sauces too.. they're more piquant, and aromatic, but not as hotly contested.

Ace; porcine pizza... yeah, I'd like a porkchop pizza, please.. with extra loin, thanks...  

Ring bells for service.

Neon

Hey Ace,

yeah, I can feel the wierdo rays hitting me, I tend to get that a lot. The secret to avoiding them is to put up aluminum foil to cover the windows, so they can't get to you. Or was it so that the government can't eavesdrop on me by recording the flickering lights from my monitor and modem? I forgot.

Anyway, Scuzzy was wondering what a porcine pizza might look like, and this is the closest thing I can find so far:

http://www.mariemontschools.org/VirtualMuseums/pigs/pizza2.jpg" border=0>

You'll understand how chile beer came to exist once you realize that in New Mexico, anything can be obtained with green chiles on/in it, at least as an option. That includes pizza, flamebroiled  Whoppers, etc. Now what would be great would be a chilled chile beer. And green chiles are good for you, because they're full of Vitamin C!

n/a

Neon, I just came in here to warn you about pig knuckles on pizza because in the 'Your age' thread Scuzzy suckered me into thinking I was in this thread, but over here you guys are beaming things at each other and putting chiles in your beer. And now a picture of Ace working his way through college. Now I'm really confused.

As a general rule, never put anything on a pizza that's better smoked, and never eat pizza more than a month old.

http://www.poasters.com/images/bear.gif" border=0>

Ace

I yearn for the old hateful flaming chat room days where someone would poast a shot of that with Scuzzy's mug superimposed so I could have a picture of him with a big white pole up his oh never mind.

actually, Ne', I am recording your keystrokes.  

I am working my way at college (Oh, hold it.. "University") not through. I'm not through with it, yet, although you wonder when they will be with me.

Keep close watch here, for Bear is now likely to poast something along the lines of SOMETHING THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING IN THIS VICINITY.  If he does, I shall yell "
LOOKOUT!"

and duck or some such alarm.

And, let me add.  I still think I can get that dang math problem of Pat's right, dangit. I think. http://files.triton.net/pattrucks/poasters/jesterblk.gif" border=0>

Ring bells for service.

pat

Well a big thanks to the LOOKOUT, I was sure in the wrong room to chat.

Thanks to Neon also, I ran right down to the store and bought all the foil they had, was up most of the night warping, I mean wrapping the house. Phew, I don?t want any of those beams getting at me.

But what about when your just out and about without the protection of the foil.

I think I got the answer here, thanks to the good folks over at Hats of Meat.

The PORK PIE looks like it would keep them beams out of my head,

(granted there is not a lot there they could get at)

http://files.triton.net/pattrucks/poasters/porkpie.jpeg" border=0>

Or the Canadian Bacon with Sausage might do the trick.

http://files.triton.net/pattrucks/poasters/canadian_bacon.jpeg" border=0>

Anyway what a vision, Ace riding his potbelly pig in reverse, calculator in hand.

Hey I thought the answer was 5000. Had to get out my own calculator just to make sure.

So, poast back to this same yarn, just to keep the continuity in order.

http://files.triton.net/pattrucks/poasters/sure_enough.gif" border=0>

Edited by - patman on Mar 14 2002  07:50:37 AM

Ace

I shall put on "Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat" by Jeff Beck tonight to commemorate the event. Or "Pokechop Sandwich" by ZZTop. Good idea.

Those models look good enough to eat. It was mean to say stuff about me riding my pot-bellied pork bellied pig. I didn't get one for my birthday, or anything else. Thanks for reminding me. Dangit.

Ace; he has a hankerin' for the other white meat, now.

Ring bells for service.

Neon

Thanks Bear for the alarm. It seems your warning is too late, however. You see, all of this pizza talk has spilled over to a 3 day discussion at work about what toppings we should get for lunch. We still haven't decided (man I'm hungry), but here's a peek at our current working proposal - mind you this is a compromise by our luncheon committee:

pigs knuckles on the whole pie

on the first 1/4, rhubarb

on the second 1/4, squid

on 1/3, exclusive of the first 1/4, overlapping 1/12 of the second 1/4, black-eyed peas

on the fourth 1/4, canadian striped eel

on one slice only, lemon rice stuffed cod

As you can see, these nice folks can be a little hard to please at lunchtime.

Ace, let me make one thing perfectly clear. I do not stroke any keys around here, I've gone right off that. Often, I press keys, sometimes jab at them, and occasionally sing off of them. So don't you go thinking that you are recording keystrokes, you're not recording anything, my friend.

I have already taken certain security precautions to prevent recordings of any kind. The first line of defense is my hat made of aluminum foil, and coat of pickles. As patman noted, hats of meat also work fine, but there are some maintenance issues on my end that prevent me from fully implementing that particular solution at this time. Second, is the aforementioned aluminium foil on the windows. As a last emergency line of defense, I can set the walls on fire with my army surplus flamethrower to prevent any unauthorized snooping packets into my computer room. That should, as they say, take care of that.

Ace

So. You've stopped striking your keys.

Do you still beat your dog?

Ace; man is dog's best friend.

Ring bells for service.

Neon

When will I stop beating my dog?

I don't have to stop beating the dog at all. No. Wait.

There's no reason to stop if I don't remember starting. OK, hold on.

Dogs don't ever feel me beating them. That doesn't sound right.

Waitaminute. I don't own a dog.

I don't take care of any stray dogs either.

I haven't cared for any dogs ever, really. No. Wait.

Allright. As soon as possible. What I mean is,

I'll start not beating dogs yesterday, and finish not beating dogs today.

As soon as I can manage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops, I just broke the exclamation point key off my keyboard.

You know what I meant. It's time for another pizza. What toppings should I get on this one?

Ace

No, you're confusing dogs with fish.  Fish don't feel it if you beat them.

That's why it's ok to eat them.

I don't know about dogfish. They're ugly enough to deserve to be beaten.

You know, if Scuzzy was here and not vacationing wherever it was he was off to, he could wear one of them pork hats and maybe his dog would play with him.

Man, I hope he doesn't come to Indiana... criminy, that I don't need.  Having to handle all the quality control stuff here, and then him in person. I don't think I could deal with that.

I'm definitely hoping Bear doesn't bop in and mistake this chain with the "you're age" chain, and say something out of place.  I don't know who'd be here to move the thing to the right room.

Shoot, even worse.. what if Pete starts in with those jokes that children don't get... man, I don't know who could sanitize the room, after.. dang.

Great. Now I'm the dang chat room king/moderator/jester/
LOOKOUT!(^janitor. Criminy.

Hey, get one with cheese.  That'd be my choice.  And a Guiness or Harp, for St. Patty's day. Go Irish!  Well, not any longer, after Duke and all.. I'm glad I'm part Irish, since I hate snakes and like potatoes.  

Ace; he's doing the best he can.  That's the sad part.

Ring bells for service.

Joanie

Ace, What do you think I do here  besides greet new Poasters. Geeeeeeeeeesh!

Joanie

Ace

Ok. Okay. Ok; hold on.. I've got this..

I can handle this one. No sweat.  Lemme think.

Ok.. Alright, there's sweat.  Shoot.  Gimme a minute.  That's a tough one.  Pat's wasn't easy... I just went with "yes" like "true" figuring I had a 50-50 shot.  I don't think it'd be any better, even with the calculator.

Stupid cat.  Stupid, stupid cat.  What the heck was he thinking.  Man.

Ok; otherwise.  

"What else do you do"... except.  I was gonna go with "Cheer Stuff", but I'm thinking that's too obvious.

man, there's a lot of "e's" in that thing.  There's more E's than Bubba used to do commas and stuff.  Dang, that does not help.

Ok; I'm gonna go with... ok, not "cheese", that's too simple..  not "4100".... not "just walk across the creek".... ok... man... alright... criminy.. Okay. I'm gonna go with.. uh.. umm...

"Yes".

Yeah.  "Yes".  Ok, there you go.  Glad to have been of help.  Whew.  This chatroom moderating adminstrative run the whole dang show thingy is gonna be ok.  Yeah.  How many days are left in the week?  We counting this one as one, or does it start with Sunday?  Geez, I hope today counted.  I'm tapped.  

Ace; he's a stand up guy, unless he's at the computer.  That wouldn't be comfortable at all.  I thought Joanie was still fishing... dangit.

http://files.triton.net/pattrucks/poasters/jesterblk.gif" border=0>

Ring bells for service.

n/a

Man, Neon, I guess you don't have to worry about people dropping in for lunch where you work. Nothing I hate worse than picking pigs knuckles off pizza. I usually give those to the dog rather than beating her. She loves pizza bones, but the pig knuckles give her gas. It's fun watching her scare herself around the house.

RahRah, yeah, what's with Scuzzy putting Ace in charge? Did I miss that meeting? Sounds to me like he's not planning on coming back.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, you're in charge. I have hoops to worry about and it's hard just to type with my fingers crossed. So far I'm in the top 6% of the half million fans who picked brackets in the Yahoo Men's Tournament Pick'em. Plus, fishing season has arrived, and that means my ADOPT A FISH volunteer work has begun in earnest. Amazing how many people just abandon perfectly good fish.

So I'll be busy. It's all in your hands. Heck, Ace was having enough trouble handling the jester/LOOKOUT!(^janitor part -- the extra work would just make him cranky. Though I guess he does have all that extra time from not having any teams left to root for.

Huh, well, you guys work it out. I just picked up a three-pound bass with a bruised fin who needs a home.

Joanie

Hey Bear,

My head is sore from scratching it trying to figure out what that Kitty Kat had on his mind when he left Ace in charge. He must know something we don't.

I'm going to let him do his thing and like Neon said when the Kat gets back he can pick up the pieces. Fishing is good in the desert this time of the year, that is if you can find a puddle somewhere.

RahRah

japonte

My favorite pizza is pepperoni with sausage, extra cheese, an average coating of garlic with either a coke or a corona EXTRA.<--Preferred. Mmmm, beeeeeeeeeeer. *Drools* Hehe underage drinking is the $#!7.

Ace

This is now officially the "Poast That Would Not Die."  Congrats to Neon for starting something that might even surpass the "Hi Carol Hi Joanie" previous record for a poast that stretched around the globe a couple dozen times.

I tried the link, Japonte, and got a kinda cool El Diablo sign thingy but that was it.. was there more?  My modem is slower than dirt so maybe I just shoulda given it a few more hours I mean minutes.

Hey, Joanie, don't be a sore head.  I'd pull my hair out reading some of my poasts, but, I mean, what's the point, you know?

Ace; he's a stand up guy. and a stand in for He Who Shall Not Arrive Back For A Couple Days Or So Yet; Named After His Cat" if that helps you guess.

Ring bells for service.

Joanie

Hi Aceio,

It took at least 20 minutes to reply to your message this morning and the darn thing wouldn't save and like a dummy I forgot to copy it before trying to save it. Then I started having computer related problems and that took up the entire day and I am still in the same spot, nothing is working in Outlook 2000.

I did not forget you.

Joanie

n/a

Forget who?

Neon

PIZZA

The Perfect Breakfast Food

This just in -- you probably already knew that 4 out of 5 Americans enjoy a hot delicious pizza for dinner, or a tasty slice for lunch. But did you know that there is a growing appetite for breakfast pizza? I count myself a member of the cold leftover pizza appreciation society, but now you can get nice just-for-breakfast pizzas in many select locations. If you'd like to make your own, look at Breakfast Pizza Recipe for a basic fresh starter pizza

Now japonte, we highly mature adults here at Poasters run a repectable and family-style poasting board, and cannot condone underage drinking. If however, you decide to partake in any uncondoned activity, just be sure that you don't kill any brain cells, cause they don't grow back.

My theory is that Scuzzy is taking spring break to continue his quest to try 63 pizzas and 630 beers from each of the fifty states and 13 Canadian provinces. It might be...

Ace

LOOKOUT! HEY!

I, too, as this week's guest poasttoasties general stand-in adjunct chatroom moderator administrative top banana would like to also affirm Neon's declaration as to the risks, hazards and all around danger of underage, overage, and even just-at-the-right age drinking.

You need go no further than me to see what a toll it can take. Unless you want to wind up as I, who was deficient in brain cells to start, and then imbibed too dang many beers let alone the other stuff to become what I am today.. I mean, criminy, just read the poasts.  Nobody needs that to happen to them. There, but for the grace of sour mash and hops, go you, you know?

You know, that's gonna be the downfall to the breakfast pizza movement. I'm not talking about the one after, but the one right now.  What are you gonna drink with it?  Pour a carafe of grape juice and pretend..?  Pitcher of coffee?  Big mug of milk or OJ?  Yech.

Wish I had the technical savvy to help, Joanie, with the downtime and lagtime issues.  I just turn the dang thing off and wait when it bogs down. But Scuzzy did not hire me to handle worthwhile matters, no sir. Ma'am. He appointed me to moderate.  If I owned a gun, or at least had pictures to poast of me in uniform even if not of this century, then I could match his moderating savvy. Alas, I'm gunless and uniformless. And witless; see above about the dang brain cell demise thingy.

Bear will return to his senses as soon as Oklahoma and any of the rest of the starting 8 or so Oklahoman teams are eliminated from the NCAAs.  I don't know if N. or S. Oklahoma had more teams representing this year.

Today is Spring; weather's in the normal putrid 40s with rain and overcast. The early bird gets the worm.  That would suggest Bfast Pizza may be not a bad idea after all.

Ace; you are what you drink. I am your fearless liter.

http://files.triton.net/pattrucks/poasters/jesterblk.gif" border=0>

Ring bells for service.